TORONTO - The Canadian Soccer Association has dismissed allegations that it has targeted players involved in a legal challenge to the use of artificial turf at next summers Womens World Cup. Cheap Running Shoes USA .The Canadian Soccer Association categorically denies that it engaged in any retaliation against players who filed complaints under the Human Rights Code against the Canadian Soccer Association and FIFA regarding the use of turf at the FIFA Womens World Cup Canada 2015, the association said in a statement Tuesday.No such threats were made and any suggestion that Canadian Soccer Association officials engaged in any wrongdoing is completely baseless.Lawyers for a group of elite female players involved in the human rights challenge allege that the women are being pressured to drop their lawsuit.In a letter Monday to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the lawyers said the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) and FIFA — aided by national federations — have threatened reprisals against a coalition of the world’s best female soccer players for bringing this sex discrimination action.The women asked the tribunal for a cease-and-desist order.The players allege that Mexican international Teresa Noyola and French internationals Camille Abily and Elise Bussaglia had been threatened with reprisals.Noyola, according to the filing, was told she would not be invited to play for the Mexican national team unless she withdrew her name from the legal challenge. Abily and Bussaglia were led to believe that their continued participation in this action would lead to retaliation by FIFA in the awarding of the 2019 women’s World Cup.France is seeking to host the 2019 World Cup.All three have since pulled out of the complaint, although lawyers for the group saying 20 players have stepped forward to replace them. The total number now numbers 62.The players also allege that Costa Rican internationals Diana Saenz and Katherine Alvarado, along with a third unidentified player, were told by Costa Rican Federation officials that their participation put their positions on the team in jeopardy as a result of pressure from CSA and FIFA.The women have filed a human rights complaint that FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association are discriminating against women by making them play on artificial turf while the mens World Cup is held on natural grass.The women includes Germanys Nadine Angerer, Japans Yuki Ogimi and Americans Shannon Boxx, Sydney Leroux, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambaugh. There are no Canadian players named to avoid conflicts with the CSA, which doubles as the tournaments national organizing committee.FIFA and the CSA have no plans to change the playing surface, saying playing on approved turf is sanctioned under the rules of the game. The CSA has engaged an independent consultant to test the surfaces at venues in Moncton, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver. The results are expected in early 2015.The tournament runs June 6 to July 5.___Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Cheap Running Shoes China . -- The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will forever be tied together for making the same spectacular misjudgment on budding NBA sensation Jeremy Lin. Clearance Running Shoes Online . has left the San Jose Sharks to become the Boston Bruins director of player personnel. http://www.cheaprunningshoesfreeshipping.com/ . So he and his Toronto FC teammates say they will have no problem getting up for their Amway Canadian Championship final against rival Montreal Impact, even if the result doesnt count toward Major League Soccer standings.NEW YORK -- Boston pitcher Brandon Workman appealed a six-game suspension imposed by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for throwing near the head of Tampa Bay star Evan Longoria last week. Workman can play until the appeal process is complete, and was expected to make his scheduled start Wednesday night against the Cleveland Indians. The penalty, which also included a fine, was announced by MLB Senior Vice-President Joe Garagiola Jr. Workmans high-and-tight pitch came after the teams had been warned about further trouble. "That was ascertained in the video. Thus, I think thats appropriate," Rays manager Joe Maddon said before Tuesday nights game at Miami. Red Sox first baseman Mike Carp was hit on the arm Friday by a fourth-inning pitch from Tampa Bay ace David Price, who also plunked slugger David Ortiz on the hip in the first inning -- triggering umpires to issue warnings to both teams. The fact Workman was disciplined and Price wasnt did not sit well with the Red Sox and Ortiz in particular, who again criticized the Rays ace prior to Tuesdays game against the Indians. "I dont think what theyre doing is fair," Ortiz said. "I think the rules should be for everybody. We didnt start this up. I didnt hit nobody. Workman didnt hit anybody in the first inning. He did." Ortiz was critical of Price following that game and didnt back down from those comments Tuesday when news of Workmans suspension reached Bostons clubhouse. "Im not going to get hit again," Ortiz said. Wholesale Running Shoes Fast Shipping. "Not by him. He did it on purpose. He punked me and thats very disrespectful. Im a grown man. Ive been around the league for a long time and I know how to take care of business on my own." Said Maddon: "Papi and I have had a pretty good relationship in the past. Sometimes commentary oversteps and overreaches." "Id like to believe if he had more of an opportunity to think about it, he would respond differently. For us, its a dead issue. I want us to move it along and just play baseball," he said. Red Sox manager John Farrell, who was ejected from Fridays game, took a diplomatic approach. "All you can do is put forth your best efforts to state a case that we were directly involved with, and whats done is done," he said. "Theres an appeal thats going to take place. I know we presented our case in response to the discussions and what was being talked about with MLB." After being hit Carp glared out at the mound, shouting and pointing at Price, but was restrained by Rays catcher Jose Molina as players from both teams charged out of the dugouts and bullpens. There was some pushing and shoving, but no punches were thrown. Workman threw a high pitch in the sixth behind Longoria, who was visibly upset. Longoria and Boston catcher A.J. Pierzynski had a conversation at home plate, and a handful of players from both dugouts ventured a few steps onto the field, but no trouble ensued. Workman was ejected. ' ' '
jokergreen0220, 01.03.2019 06:26