Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Herrenmannschaft
hongwei28 Offline

Halbstarker

10.04.2019 11:36
www.buffalobillsteamonline.com Antworten

A pair of rookies helped the Giants get their weekend in Arizona off to a winning start.

Andrew Suarez pitched six strong innings Authentic Phillip Gaines Jersey , Austin Slater had a pair of RBI doubles and San Francisco beat the Diamondbacks 2-1 on Friday night.

Suarez (3-4), a 25-year-old left-hander, gave up a run, scattering seven hits in his first win in five starts. The left-hander struck out five and walked two.

Five of the singles Suarez allowed were infield hits, including one that died halfway down the third-base line, an inch or two off the chalk.

”It was just weird,” Suarez said of the infield hit spree. ”I’ve never seen it like that. But it worked out thankfully. It could have been way worse and they’d have scored five or six runs.”

Suarez is among the young pitchers who are filling in well for the Giants while the veteran starters work their way back to health.

”We have difficult decisions the way these kids are throwing,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. ”As I said so many times, they’re doing what you’d hope they would do, is make the decision tough.”

Slater, recalled from Triple-A Sacramento four times this season – most recently last Saturday – doubled in a run off Patrick Corbin in the second and knocked in the go-ahead score off Andrew Chafin (1-3) in the seventh. Slater, who entered the game 4 for 15 in the majors this season Authentic Marshall Newhouse Jersey , also singled.

He’s become accustomed to the back-and-forth trips to Sacramento.

”The first couple of times up and down it’s easy to lose focus,” Slater said, ”but for me, I see it as a way to try to prove a point, that I was here to stay.”

One of these trips, after a few more of these nights, he may be right.

Will Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his first save since April 13, 2014. San Francisco relievers retired the last 12 batters they faced.

Chafin, relieving Corbin in a 1-1 tie, walked Brandon Crawford, who scored from first when Slater doubled to the right-center gap.

Corbin limited San Francisco to a run on four hits, striking out five and walking one in six innings Authentic Marquis Haynes Jersey , but left with his second straight no decision. In his previous outing, Corbin blanked Pittsburgh on three hits for seven innings and matched his career strikeout best with 12. Corbin last won on June 5 at San Francisco.

”Patrick was great today,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. ”He did everything we asked him to do. Would have sent him back out there in the seventh inning to get couple of hitters but we decided to pinch-hit for him. Unfortunately, one of the hazards of the National League game, but he did a great job and gave us a chance to win the game.”

The NL West-leading Diamondbacks opened a 10-game homestand after an 8-2 trip.

The Giants took a 1-0 lead in the second. Buster Posey led off with a single and took second when Chris Owings bobbled the ball in center. Slater brought Posey home with a one-out double.

The Diamondbacks finally got to Suarez tied it in the sixth. Ketel Marte led off with a double to the fence in right-center. Owings was called out on a groundout to third on a close play. Arizona challenged and the call was overturned after a video review, leaving runners at first and third and no outs. Jake Lamb’s sacrifice fly to left brought home Marte and made it 1-all.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: RHP Johnny Cueto (right elbow strain) made his second rehab start Friday night for Triple-A Sacramento.

Diamondbacks: CF A.J. Pollock (fractured left thumb) made his first rehab start, with Triple-A Reno.

HIRANO’S MARK

Yoshihisa Hirano set a Diamondbacks record with his 25th consecutive appearance without allowing a run, getting the final two outs of the seventh inning. The Japanese right-hander broke the previous record of 24 shared by Brandon Lyon (2008) and J.J. Putz (2012).

It’s tied with Shigetoshi Hasegawa of Seattle (2003) for second-longest streak in the majors by a Japanese-born pitcher. Koji Uehara of Boston had 27 straight scoreless appearances in 2011.

UP NEXT

Giants RHP Derek Rodriguez (2-1, 3.82 ERA) makes his sixth major league start. San Francisco has won four of his previous five. Arizona RHP Shelby Miller (0-1, 12.27) makes his second start since returning from Tommy John surgery in the second game of the three-game weekend series.

Matt Duffy saved his best for last.

Duffy’s ground ball found a hole between third and short with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning Wednesday and drove in the game’s only run in Tampa Bay’s win over the Toronto Blue Jays.

”After seeing that many zeroes, it’s definitely awesome to come out on top in that game,” Duffy said after a game in which eight pitchers gave up a total of 10 hits.

Duffy drove in Mallex Smith Authentic Cordy Glenn Jersey , who doubled with one out and moved to third base on a groundout.

Diego Castillo (1-0) got his first major league win after pitching two innings of relief.

Ryan Tepera (3-2) pitched the final 1 2/3 innings for the Jays, who were swept in the three-game series and have lost five of six to the Rays this season. It was the 12th time the Blue Jays have scored one run or none this season, and the first time since August 2011 they were held without an extra-base hit for a second straight game.

”I have no explanation for it. It’s the way it is,” Toronto manager John Gibbons said.

Curtis Granderson had the first three of Toronto’s five hits, leadoff singles in the first, third and fifth innings, and was the only runner to reach third base until Smith in the ninth.

With two outs in the Toronto ninth, Aldemys Diaz hit a line drive off Castillo that was caught by left fielder Johnny Field near the top of the wall, the best-hit ball of the game by far.

”Luckily, I was playing deep and it was high enough that it didn’t seem like one of those no-doubters off the bat,” Field said. ”He got under it just enough to give me a chance to get back there.”

Toronto starter J.A. Happ allowed one hit and three walks in five innings. He was lifted after throwing 98 pitches, 30 in the first inning.

”I try to give credit where credit is due. I thought they did a good job of fouling some good pitches off Authentic Preston Brown Jersey ,” said Happ. ”They made it difficult. Certainly, I’d like to go more than five innings, but I was happy to keep them off the board.”

Rays starter Wilmer Font gave up two hits in 3 1/3 innings, and Matt Andriese gave up two hits in 3 2/3 innings.

”That’s two days in a row now that the bullpen came in and really picked us up in a big way,” said Rays manager Kevin Cash. ”They pieced it together really well.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Blue Jays: 3B Josh Donaldson (left calf tightness) will run the bases Thursday and if all goes well could join Triple-A Buffalo on Friday. … RHP Marcus Stroman (shoulder) was scheduled to start a minor league assignment Wednesday night with Class A Dunedin against Charlotte.

Rays: OF Johnny Field was back in the lineup after missing two games with a sprained knee.

SIXTEEN NOT SO SWEET

Thursday’s game at New York marks the start of a 16-game stretch in which the Rays will play only the Yankees, Astros and Nationals. ”We’re going to really see what kind of team we have here against the best in the league,” Blake Snell said. The Rays are 11-26 against winning teams.

UP NEXT

Blue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez (3-5, 4.33 ERA) will pitch Friday night against the Washington Nationals in the opening game of a five-game homestand.

Rays: LHP Blake Snell (8-3, 2.30 ERA) will start in Thursday night’s opener of a four-game series at Yankee Stadium against Domingo German (0-4, 5.32). Snell is 3-0 with a 0.38 ERA in his past four starts.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz