Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 93 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
zhangzk Offline

Post Master

15.04.2019 04:43
Colorado Rockies pitcher Jon Gray surprised his wife Antworten

MESA Robbie Grossman Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — his hair cut in a Mohawk style.After Friday’s efficient outing, the right-hander will likely keep it trimmed.Gray retired all nine Oakland Athletics batters he faced on 30 pitches at Hohokam Stadium in his second spring start. He struck out three.“It felt efficient, it felt like I was getting strike one, attacking the zone, not picking around the zone so much,” Gray said. “I was just going after guys and throwing every pitch for strikes. My defense was great behind me and saved a couple hits. It made it really clean.”Gray has been the Rockies’ opening day starter the past two years and wouldn’t mind getting the call this season when Colorado opens against the Miami Marlins on March 28. He went 12-9 with a 5.12 ERA in 31 starts last year. Rockies manager Bud Black may consider Kyle Freeland (17-7, 2.85 ERA) or German Marquez (14-11, 3.77 ERA) as well.“I would love to (start opening day) but we’ve got a really good group of guys,” Gray said. “After the years Freeland and Marquez had last year, I’m hoping everybody brings their ‘A’ game this year and I know we’ll finish well in the end.”It worked last season as the Rockies reached the postseason for the second consecutive year, securing a wild-card berth. The Rockies beat the Chicago Cubs in the wild-card game, but lost to the Milwaukee Brewers in the Division Series.Gray said the Rockies are motivated this season.“It’s an unspoken thing Kyle Gibson Jersey ,” he said. “It’s what all of us expect and probably what we expect of each other. I don’t have to be like, ‘Hey, I wonder if everyone is thinking the same thing I am this year’ because we’re right there. That’s all we’ve been thinking about the whole offseason. It’s that time of the year, we’re excited to play, get out there and see what we’ve got.”So, what about his hair? Gray usually has long, blonde hair sticking out from under his cap. In 2017, he had eight inches cut to donate to “Locks of Love”, a public nonprofit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children who have medical long-term hair loss.This time, Gray’s hair wasn’t long enough to donate, but it was long enough to force him to get a trim a few days ago. However, that wasn’t good enough.“It didn’t look the way I thought it would so I said Logan Morrison Jersey , ‘You know what, let’s go get another one,'” Gray said. “Let’s take it a little bit shorter, we’ll do a mohawk and let it ride out a little bit. Sure enough, today I had a good game so it’s going to stay, it’s going to stay for a little bit.”NOTES: Manager Bud Black was not with the team but in San Diego to be with his daughter for the arrival of his first grandchild. Bench coach Mike Redmond was the acting manager against the Athletics. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Blake Snell didn’t stick around long enough to win his 10th straight start, but the Tampa Bay Rays left-hander felt he solidified his chances for the Cy Young Award in his final appearance.The Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 4-3 on Saturday night.“I feel like I have a pretty good case,” said Snell, who leads the American League in wins (21) and ERA (1.89). “They’re going to pick who they pick. I don’t have a say, but the work that I did put together, it’s a great case to have.”Snell gave up a run in the first inning and left after five with the score tied at 1. He gave up three hits and four walks (three in the first inning) and struck out 10.“Three walks in the first inning Orlando Arcia Jersey , that’s rough,” he said. “I’ve got to be in the zone more, but in between that was very good. I’m happy the way the season ended.”Snell, whose last loss came on July 12, finished with a 21-5 record. In 14 starts at home, he never gave up more than two runs and finished with an ERA of 1.27. He was trying to become the first pitcher to win 10 straight starts within a season since Justin Verlander with Detroit in 2011.The last 10 pitchers to lead the American League in wins and ERA won the Cy Young Award, and Rays manager Kevin Cash thinks Snell will make it 11.“There’s really not much debate, in my opinion,” Cash said.Diego Castillo (4-2) got the win with two innings of relief. Sergio Romo pitched the ninth for his 25th save despite giving up a pinch-hit homer to Reese McGuire.C.J. Cron’s 30th homer got Tampa Bay on the board in the second against Toronto starter Ryan Borucki (4-6), and Austin Meadows put the Rays ahead for the first time with another homer off Borucki in the seventh.It was the sixth homer of the season and the first as a Ray for Meadows, who was acquired along with pitcher Tyler Glasnow in the July 31 trade that sent pitcher Chris Archer to Pittsburgh.Jon Berti led off the game with an infield single, stole second and scored the run off Snell on Rowdy Tellez’s sacrifice fly.With Snell out of the game Jonathan Villar Jersey , Teoscar Hernandez hit his 22nd home run off Castillo to put the Blue Jays up 2-1.Tommy Pham led off the Tampa Bay sixth with a single, extending to 31 his streak of games in which he has reached base safely, the longest active streak in the majors. He scored on Brandon Lowe’s two-out single, tying it at 2 in the sixth.Borucki gave up four runs on seven hits in 6 2/3 innings, and finished September 1-3 despite a 2.65 ERA over 34 innings.“It was just good to prove myself and get that confidence that I can get these guys out, these hitters out,” said the rookie left-hander. “For so long you think these guys are invincible and they never get out, but just being up here and just really proving to myself I can do this is definitely a confidence boost going into ’19.”RUSSELL’S REIGNBlue Jays manager John Gibbons has decided to let 35-year-old catcher Russell Martin manage the team in Sunday’s regular-season finale. “I’m having a little fun with it,” Gibbons said. “Let him see how tough it is.”Martin hasn’t played since Sept. 3 because Toronto is looking at younger catchers.The team announced Wednesday that Gibbons will not return as manager next season.TRAINER’S ROOMBlue Jays: RHP Marco Estrada, bothered by lower back soreness, will not make his final scheduled start Sunday. “We talked about it,” Estrada said. “Obviously http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , I’ve been feeling some stuff, so they kind of figured what’s the point. Done enough, let’s just rest now.” Estrada, 7-14 with a 5.64 ERA in 28 starts in what could be his last year with Toronto, becomes a free agent after the season.UP NEXTRHP Sam Gaviglio (3-9) will make his 24th start for the Blue Jays, his fourth against the Rays, in Sunday’s season finale. The Rays will finish with a “bullpen day,” starting with RHP Ryne Stanek (2-3).

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz