Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 119 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
panxing18 Offline

Post Master

21.05.2019 04:32
Noah Syndergaard has sent plenty of 100 mph f Antworten

NEW YORK (AP) — astballs toward home plate. One of these days Travis d'Arnaud Jersey , he figured one might come back his way.The New York Mets star pitcher is feeling lucky his run-in with a hard line drive Saturday didn’t turn out worse.Syndergaard left the game after he was hit by Cesar Hernandez’s liner in the seventh inning. Still, he managed to slow the Philadelphia Phillies‘ playoff run despite allowing a career-worst 12 hits and five walks in the Mets’ 10-5 victory.“That was really the one right there,” Syndergaard said, adding that “most of them have been pretty softly hit or on the ground. But it comes with the territory of playing baseball and being a pitcher.”Syndergaard (11-3) tried to brace himself but was hit on the right lower rib cage when Hernandez lined a 98 mph pitch. Syndergaard picked up the ball but held onto it. The Mets said X-rays were negative.The ball came off Hernandez’s bat at 103.7 mph.“When it happened, I saw my life flash before my eyes a little bit, and at that point I just assumed I was done,” Syndergaard said.He matched his career high for walks and allowed four runs in 6 2/3 innings.Mets rookie second baseman Jeff McNeil, who has reached base safely in his last 21 starts, had three hits, including a triple. His four triples since Aug. 18 lead the league.“He’s added another dimension to the way our lineup looks,” Mets manager Mickey Callaway said.“He has a little bit of different skill set than some other guys. He’s able to spray the ball around the field. He’s great left on left.”Zach Eflin (9-7) gave up six runs, four hits and three walks in three innings Noah Syndergaard Jersey , dropping to 0-3 in his last four starts.He struggled after striking out two to retire the Mets in order in the first inning.“I think I just got away from my fastball after that,” Eflin said. “Was really relying on other pitches I shouldn’t have been relying on when my fastball was as good as it was in the first inning.”Philadelphia, which led the NL East before play Aug. 12, fell 3 1/2 games behind first-place Atlanta and also trails in the NL wild-card race. The Phillies have lost 16 of their last 25. Atlanta beat Arizona 5-4 in 10 innings.“This certainly was not our night but I thought there were some real positive things,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said.Tomas Nido hit a three-run double in the second inning and Todd Frazier had a three-run homer in the third. Jay Bruce made it 7-0 with an RBI single in the fourth and Michael Conforto added his 21st homer as the Mets won for the fifth time in their last seven games.Rhys Hoskins led off the sixth with his 29th homer and Hernandez singled in a run later in the inning, the first of his three RBIs.PREVIOUS HIGHSSyndergaard also walked five against Washington on July 22, 2015. His gave up 10 hits against San Diego and San Francisco in 2015 and also vs. Atlanta this May.MAKING MOVESPhillies: INF Mitch Walding was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.Mets: C Jose Lobaton’s contract was selected from Triple-A Las Vegas. RHP Bobby Wahl was placed on the 60-day DL to clear a spot on the 40-man roster.TRAINER’S ROOMMets: 3B David Wright played in a simulated game and is slated for another Tuesday. He then will speak to chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon to review his status. … LF Dominic Smith was pulled from the game prior to the sixth inning due to a tight left groin. Callaway said Smith tweaked his groin while stretching out to make a play at first base on Friday night.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Vince Velasquez (9-10) is 1-3 with a 3.78 ERA in seven starts against the Mets going into Sunday’s outing.Mets: RHP Jacob deGrom (8-8, 1.68) has allowed three runs or fewer in a big league record 27 starts this season. Yamamoto was one of the most successful Marlins prospects last season. Is that performance sustainable as he continues moving up the organizational ladder?"WhiteFanposts Sections News & RumorsAnalysisPodcastsProspects & DraftGame CoverageFull ArchiveMasthead Social Marlins Players on TwitterFish Stripes on InstagramMarlins Media Members Fish Stripes Best of 2018 Marlins StoriesScheduleRosterStatsCommunity Guidelines StubHub 鉁昅iami Marlins Analysis2019 Marlins Season Preview2019 Marlins Season Preview: Jordan YamamotoNew,6commentsYamamoto was one of the most successful Marlins prospects last season. Is that performance sustainable as he continues moving up the organizational ladder?EDTShareTweetShareShare2019 Marlins Season Preview: Jordan YamamotoPhoto by @jyamaz21/TwitterBaseball America, 2018: “Evaluators largely see Yamamoto as a future reliever, at best, because of his slight frame and lack of a plus pitch.”Baseball America http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , 2019: “His late-breaking, downer curveball is his best secondary offering, flashing plus at times...He has the potential of a mid-rotation starter.”What a difference a year makes for Marlins right-hander JordanYamamoto. Despite an age-22 season that was interrupted twice by stints on the disabled list, the most unheralded piece of the ChristianYelich trade package forced his way onto the 40-man roster and into consideration as a long-term rotation candidate.How did he get here? Traded from Brewers to Marlins on January 25, 20182018 MiLB Stats: 1.83 ERA, 2.17 FIP, 0.83 WHIP, 85 K in 68.2 IP2019 ZiPS Projection: 4.41 ERA, 4.33 FIP, 1.37 WHIP, 74 K in 81.2 IPEntering this season ranked by BA as the No. 18 Marlins prospect, Yamamoto is unlike the prototypical power arms that the front office has focused on in recent years. His fastball sits in the low 90s on a good day http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , and first time through a lineup, his velocity is actually a few ticks lower than that.But it works. He didn’t allow more than two earned runs in any of his 13 regular season starts in 2018. He set a High-A Jupiter club record with 13 strikeouts against the Florida Fire Frogs on June 20. In his final appearance with Double-A Jacksonville, Yamamoto worked six hitless innings.Undersized for a potential major league starter at six-foot-nothing, the proud Hawaiian fills up the strike zone with plus control. The only hiccup came during the Arizona Fall League—17 walks in 30 total innings when including the AFL Championship Game. There were outings in the desert where he struggled to repeat his delivery, but that may be attributed to simple fatigue from the extended campaign.The curveball has emerged as Yamamoto’s top put-away pitch. He showcased it in the AFL...And again during his relief appearance against the Mets last month:K victim Gavin Cecchini has prior MLB experienceHowever, given the surplus of healthy, experienced arms, Yamamoto was never seriously in the mix for the Marlins Opening Day roster. He worked two Grapefruit League games—2.25 ERA in 4.0 IP—before being optioned to Triple-A New Orleans as part of the first round of cuts on March 8.He still gets to wear that “cool” blue on the backfields at the Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium complex.Yamamoto was bumped up to New Orleans on paper, though it remains to be seen whether he will actually report there in April. There’s still time for the Marlins to coordinate their affiliate rosters. Promoting a starter to Triple-A after only three starts at the Double-A level would be strangely aggressive in a rebuilding year. Newly acquired top prospect SixtoSnchez is expected to slide into the Jacksonville rotation this summer, but the initial plan, according to vice president of player development and scouting Gary Denbo, is to observe him at extended spring training (h/t Joe Frisaro Jose Reyes Jersey , MLB.com). Should Yamamoto continue to succeed in the Southern League, you might see him make the move in May or June, around the time that S谩nchez is cleared to fill his shoes. In the event of significant injuries above him on the depth chart, there is the potential for a late-season call-up to Miami.Barring a surprising velocity boost, the concern for Yamamoto moving forward is how much damage elite batters will do when he misses over the heart of the plate. Does he have the deception and clever sequencing to avoid a home run barrage?In the meantime, regardless of what happens on the mound, Yamamoto figures to be popular with his minor league teammates. IsanDaz and JordanHolloway can vouch for his barber skills.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz