Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 102 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
zhangzk Offline

Post Master

12.07.2019 03:50
Edwin Jackson is making the most of his opportunity Antworten

The 34-year-old journeyman earned his first win with Oakland Greg Little Jersey , pitching neatly into the seventh inning as the Athletics beat the Cleveland Indians 7-2 Saturday for their season-high sixth straight victory.

Jackson (1-0) signed a minor league contract with the A’s on June 6 and is now with his record-tying 13th major league team. He gave up only two hits in 6 2/3 innings. He struck out six and walked none in his second start for Oakland.

”Honestly, when I can look in the mirror and say that I can’t do it any more, I’ll go home,” Jackson said.

”I’m not playing for the money. I’m not playing for anything else but to come have fun,” he said.

Jackson was in the minors for Washington earlier this season, then joined the A’s. With their rotation beset by injuries, the Athletics gave Jackson a chance.

Matt Olson Will Grier Jersey , Dustin Fowler and Josh Phegley homered to help the A’s win for the 12th time in 14 games. They’ve won seven straight against Cleveland and nine of their last 10 against the Indians in Oakland.

Jackson has won 10 consecutive decisions over Cleveland, a streak dating to 2008. His string against the Indians is the longest since Charlie Hough beat them 13 straight times from 1984-88.

Jackson has 13 strikeouts and hasn’t allowed a walk in 12 2/3 innings through his first two starts with Oakland. He topped out at 97 mph on Saturday.

”Based on the way he was available and the way he’s been able to pitch for us it’s a surprise, but he’s always been able to do that a little bit with the sinker and the four-seamer,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said.

”Now he just manipulates a little bit more and the offspeed stuff with the changeup speed and the slider. . It really keeps you off-balance,” he said.

The AL Central-leading Indians lost for the fourth time in five games.

The A’s trailed 2-0 going into the sixth, when Franklin Barreto became their first baserunner with a leadoff double against Adam Plutko (4-2). Phegley followed with his second home run and Oakland took a 3-2 lead when Fowler scored from first on Mark Canha’s double.

”I was extremely happy with the first four (innings) and how could you not be?” Plutko said. ”Even in the fifth I liked what I was doing, but in the sixth they came out with four straight hits Christian Miller Jersey , flexed their muscle and that was the game.”

Francisco Lindor hit his 20th homer and Jose Ramirez hit his 24th in the Cleveland fourth.

Oakland broke the game open in the eighth, when they homered twice in a four-run inning. Fowler hit his fifth home run leading off the inning against Dan Otero, and Olson hit a two-run shot off Josh Tomlin, his 18th.

Rookie Lou Trivino induced Yonder Alonso to hit into a game-ending for his third save. Trivino came into the game after the Indians loaded the bases with one out in the ninth off Santiago Casilla on a hit, a walk and a hit batter.

HOME

The A’s finally got their offense going at home, where going into Saturday were batting .233 and averaging 3.61 runs per game at the Coliseum. Oakland is hitting .263 and averaging 5.55 runs on the road.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: LHP Tyler Olson (latissimus dorsi strain) threw his first bullpen on Friday and is expected to throw off a mound again on Sunday. … LHP Ryan Merritt (left knee sprain) threw 48 pitches on Friday in a rehab game with Triple-A Columbus. . RHP Carlos Carrasco (right elbow contusion) was expected to throw 65 pitches in a rehab game with Double-A Akron on Saturday.

Athletics: 3B Matt Chapman (right thumb contusion) will take BP on Sunday and could be activated for Tuesday’s series opener against San Diego without going on a rehab assignment. ”Even if we don’t feel like potentially he’s up to speed offensively, he can save some runs out there defensively Jordan Scarlett Jersey ,” Melvin said.

UP NEXT

RHP Mike Clevinger (6-3, 3.03 ERA) is 0-1 with a 7.04 ERA in two outings (one start) against Oakland. He’s 2-1 with a 2.07 ERA over his last four starts. RHP Frankie Montas (4-1, 3.68) is 1-1 with a 7.20 ERA over his last three starts.

It won't be long before the NFL offseason finally hits, and all of the rumors, transactions, and general pandemonium associated with that time of the year, hits in full force. It won't be a time of the year that lacks excitement David Montgomery Jersey , that much is guaranteed. Of course, with all of the players that will be changing teams for the 2018 season, there are current players who won't be participating at all. Retirement announcements are just as prevalent in the offseason, and there a ton of veteran players who may be hanging up the cleats.Of course, the decision to retire is a personal one through and through, and there's legitimate reason why many of these players would elect to stay on for another year as well. You really can never tell what is going through a player's mind, but for the subjects of this article Riley Ridley Jersey , you have to believe they are at least considering walking away. Let's take a look at some of the prime candidates for retirement from the NFL, and why they would be hanging it up.Ranked below are 5 quarterbacks, 5 wide receivers and 5 running backs who NEED to retire from the NFL.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz