Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 120 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

23.07.2019 07:54
Francona to a loud ova Antworten

DENVER -- Patrick Roy was fuming after the final horn, jawing at the Anaheim Ducks and then pushing over a glass partition separating the benches. A.J. Brown Womens Jersey . And all that was after a win. Feisty as a Hall of Fame goalie, Roy appears just as animated as an NHL coach. Roy certainly made his coaching debut with the Colorado Avalanche memorable as he led his team to a 6-1 win over the Ducks on Wednesday night and then lost his temper over a no-call on a trip of one of his players. He barked at opposing players and then at Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, who hollered right back. Roy then slammed his hands against the glass, tilting it over. Roy hit it again -- a little harder -- and it fell even more toward Boudreau. "I didnt expect that," Boudreau said. "Its not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, Thats bull, thats bush league, and he did what he did. "(Hes) going to be in for a long year, if hes going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. Its not the way the game is played." Instead of being elated about his first win as a coach, Roy was agitated over an apparent tripping infraction against top draft pick Nathan MacKinnon that wasnt called. "That should have been a penalty, in my opinion," said Roy, who received a game misconduct penalty. "I dont think this league needs that type of cheap shot." So just before the final horn, Roy sent Patrick Bordeleau and Cody McLeod onto the ice, fourth-line players who are also the teams top enforcers. That is what upset the Ducks. "At the end, obviously were frustrated," Boudreau said. "But I mean (hes) got Bordeleau and McLeod on the ice. Even if they start something, a coach has no right to start yapping at players." That overshadowed an otherwise fine season opener for the Avalanche. Semyon Varlamov was sharp in net as he made 35 saves, and Jamie McGinn scored two goals, both on passes from MacKinnon, the No. 1 pick in the draft in June. "Im just excited to be here and help set up scoring," MacKinnon said. Ryan OReilly, John Mitchell, Matt Duchene and Steve Downie added goals for the Avalanche, who improved to 19-8-7 on opening night. Alex Tanguay, back with Colorado for the first time since the 2005-06 season, also had three assists. Varlamov stuffed the Ducks all evening but lost his bid for a shutout in the closing seconds when Jakob Silfverberg slipped a shot by him. Soon after, things got heated as Roy lost his temper. "Hes not 25 anymore," Boudreau said. Viktor Fasth struggled for Anaheim, allowing three goals in the second period. At barely 18 years old, MacKinnon is the youngest player in franchise history to make his NHL debut. He had quite an eventful game, getting into a skirmish before his assists. His first career point came in the second period when he sent a pass through the legs of an Anaheim defender. His other was in the third when he found a wide-open McGinn skating toward the net. In large part, this night belonged to Roy, who drew a loud roar when he was introduced before the game. He and fellow Hall of Famer Joe Sakic, who is in charge of the Avalanches day-to-day hockey operations, are teaming up to restore the lustre to an organization that has missed the playoffs the last three seasons. It was fitting that Varlamov should play so well under the watch of Roy, one of the NHLs best goalies. "I am playing for a goalie that accomplished a lot," Varlamov said. "I think Patrick tells me a couple of good things, things I can use in a game. That is special." OReilly got the Avs off to a good start by scoring the first goal in the Roy era late in the opening period when he stole the puck from defenceman Francois Beauchemin and beat Fasth with a wrist shot. OReilly, who is making the move to left wing, also had an assist. It was a memorable return to the ice for Downie as he scored his first goal since Feb. 25, 2012. He missed the majority of last season with a torn knee ligament. Teemu Selanne didnt have many scoring chances for the Ducks as the 43-year-old forward began his final NHL season. Selanne has spent 15 seasons with Anaheim and is the franchises career leader in goals, assists and games. NOTES: Anaheim sent F Devante Smith-Pelly to Norfolk of the American Hockey League before the game. ... Avs D Ryan Wilson (knee) began the season on injured reserve. ... MacKinnon is living in the basement of goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere this season. A.J. Brown Titans Jersey . Justine finished first with a score of 22.44 while Chloe was second with 21.66 points. Defending champion Hannah Kearney of the U.S., was third at 21.49. A third Dufour-Lapointe sister, Maxime, failed to make the final group and finished 12th while Audrey Robichaud of Quebec City was 10th. Ryan Tannehill Womens Jersey . "First, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for any harm I have inflicted on University of Missouri defensive lineman, Michael Sam," the statement read. http://www.authentictitanspro.com/Ryan-tannehill-titans-jersey/ . According to TSN Edmonton reporter Ryan Rishaug, agent Rick Valette met with Oilers senior VP of hockey operations Scott Howson and general manager Craig MacTavish on Monday to kick off the talks.CLEVELAND -- In a stunning season of walk-off wins, late-inning comebacks and magical moments , Jason Giambi provided the most stirring one yet. "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Giambi drove a 1-1 pitch from Addison Reed (5-4) deep into the lower deck in right field to prevent a potentially devastating loss for the Indians, who are trying to make the post-season for the first time since 2007. Giambis heart-pounding shot bailed out controversial closer Chris Perez, who gave up two homers in the top of the ninth and nearly blew a game Cleveland absolutely had to have. "I made him give me a hug because he needed it," Giambi said of Perez, who hasnt spoken to the media in months. "He can wipe this away and start fresh tomorrow." As he rounded third base, the 42-year-old Giambi slowed down before being engulfed at the plate by his teammates as the Indians celebrated their 13th straight win over Chicago. Giambi then wrapped his arms around manager Terry Francona and carried him off the field. "I think I have a man crush on G," Francona said. "That was pretty awesome. Boy, did he hit that ball. Wow!" The Indians have 11 walk-off wins this season, with nine players taking turns in the heros role. "Ive said this before, but this is the ultimate team Ive ever played on," Giambi said. "Its unbelievable how many people have helped us win games this season." Long after Giambis homer cut through the October-like air, fans lingered in their seats and the Indians were still in a daze. "I was giggling around the ball field and the hallways like a 7-year old kid for 10 minutes after that happened," All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis said. "That was the coolest thing Ive ever seen." Bryan Shaw (6-3) came in after Perez had nearly given away a game the Indians couldnt afford to lose. Giambi has been a steadying force all season for the Indians in the clubhouse, and the unquestioned Drama King on it. This was his 10th career walk-off homer, and his second pinch-hit, walk-off this season. On July 29, he became the oldest player to hit a walk-off homer, breaking a mark previously held by Hall of Famer Hank Aaron. Now, Giambi has become the Indians elder statesman of swat. After he dressed, Giambi was on his way out of Clevelands clubhouse when Nick Swisher offered his assistance. "Ill carry you. Ill carry your car. Ill carry anything you need, Big G," Swisher said. "That guy has been monstrous for this organization." Perez owes him big time. In the top of the ninth, Perez, who has walked a tightrope on and off the field all season, had to be pulled by Francona after failing to close out a 3-2 lead. Jurrell Casey Titans Jersey. Cleveland remains in the second AL wild-card spot, one game ahead of Texas and one behind Tampa Bay. The Rangers beat Houston 3-2, and the Rays shut out the Yankees 7-0. With five games left, any loss can be devastating. On this night, Giambi saved Perez, the Indians -- and maybe their season. "Hes always ready, and thats why hes playing this game -- because he wants to win," Francona said. "He is willing to do anything for anybody at any time. Hes been a blessing for all of us." Even the White Sox appreciate Giambi. "Ive seen him do that before," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. "Having played with him, just knowing how he is on the team, you might not see it in numbers, but the personality of their team and how they play, how they go about their business, I know hes a pretty big piece of that, regardless of how much hes played." With the Indians leading 3-2, Perez gave up a homer to Dayan Viciedo, a shot into the right-field seats that drew a groan from Cleveland fans the moment it left his bat. Perez struck out the next two hitters, but Alejandro De Aza connected on his next pitch, driving it over the wall in right-centre. Perez stalked around the mound with his head down before giving up a single to Alexei Ramirez. That brought out Francona to a loud ovation and Perez, who has been a lightning rod of debate over the past two seasons, was booed loudly as he left the field. "He left a couple pitches that were over the middle of the plate," said Francona, who shot down any thought of changing closer this late in the season. "Were not going to shift gears with four games, five games, however many we have left." Indians centre fielder Michael Bourn sprained his right wrist in the fifth inning and was being treated by trainer Lonnie Soloff when Giambi connected on his homer. "I almost broke Lonnies neck," Bourn said. "You dont see something like that very often." NOTES: Giambi is the 13th player since 1950 with 10 or more walk-off homers. ... White Sox 1B Paul Konerko fouled a pitch off his leg in the eighth, struck out and was pulled from the game. ... Indians All-Star RHP Justin Masterson could pitch in relief as early as Wednesday when he returns from a strained left oblique. Francona said Masterson, out since Sept. 2, will join Clevelands bullpen for the final week. Its unlikely the team leader in wins, innings and strikeouts, will start again this season unless the Indians make the playoffs and play deep into October. ... White Sox INF Jeff Keppinger will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery Thursday. Hes had soreness since spring training and decided to have the procedure now with the hope hell be ready for spring training. ... Sox DH Adam Dunn struck out four times, dropping him to .119 (7 for 59) in September. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz