Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 102 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

27.07.2019 09:09
LOS ANGELES -- Rookie Tyler Toffoli and backup goaltender Ben Scrivens have made enormous contributions lately for the Los Angel Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Rookie Tyler Toffoli and backup goaltender Ben Scrivens have made enormous contributions lately for the Los Angeles Kings, whose depth has been tested by numerous injuries. Reggie Lewis Jersey . Toffoli had two goals Monday night, Jarret Stoll also scored and Scrivens made 25 saves in a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues. Toffoli, a 21-year-old centre who was taken in the second round of the 2010 draft, has six goals -- four have been game-winners -- and 11 points in 14 games since he was recalled from the minors on Nov. 2. His only other two-goal game in the NHL was on Nov. 9 at Staples Center in a 5-1 win over Vancouver. Toffoli made his NHL debut late last season and opened some eyes with his stellar play during the playoffs with two goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 12 games. "It definitely helped, getting that experience last year, especially in the playoffs," Toffoli said. "Its not easy stepping into the playoffs -- and being able to get the opportunity to do that, I definitely learned a lot." Scrivens, who has performed brilliantly in place of the injured Jonathan Quick, was heading toward his fourth shutout of the season when Kevin Shattenkirk and Vladimir Tarasenko scored in the final 5:54. Shattenkirks goal came 6 seconds after the Kings killed off a power play caused by Colin Frasers slashing penalty. "We showed character in the third by pushing back a little bit," Blues captain David Backes said. "But at some point, we need to learn our lesson that if you give good teams leads, its a heck of an uphill climb to try to get back in the game." Scrivens has given up fewer than three goals in each of his last 10 starts and has posted two shutouts since Quick went on injured reserve with a groin strain on Nov. 12 at Buffalo. "I feel pretty good. I dont feel fatigued right now," he said. "I know when Quickie will be back, or when hes scheduled to be back, so Ive got to make sure I get my time when I can." Los Angeles has allowed fewer than three goals in a franchise-record 13 consecutive games. The streak includes a pair of 3-2 shootout losses to Buffalo and San Jose. "They force you. Theyre a physical, hard-checking team. But we have to have a better reaction than we did," coach Ken Hitchcock said. "They took it to us. We revved it up halfway through the hockey game, but you cant play like that." Jaroslav Halak made 20 saves for the Blues, who have lost consecutive games in regulation for the first time this season following their 6-3 defeat at San Jose on Friday. Halak had allowed just five goals in his previous five starts after getting pulled with a 3-0 deficit in the first period of a 4-1 loss at Washington on Nov. 17. The Kings, who hadnt had a first-period goal in any of their previous four home games -- all losses -- opened the scoring at the 10:38 mark. Stoll got the puck from Justin Williams near the top of the left circle and took a 40-foot wrist shot that glanced off defenceman Barret Jackmans leg and past Halak with Dustin Brown screening the goalie. Toffoli made it 2-0 at 16:13 of the period, beating Halak from short range after Drew Doughtys long snap shot from the high slot deflected off Toffolis stick and Halaks right shoulder before hitting the crossbar. He gave the Kings a three-goal cushion at 5:48 of the second, scoring from the low slot after Willie Mitchells wrist shot from the left point caromed off teammate Mike Richards. "We tried to approach this one with maybe a little bit more focus and attention to detail," Scrivens said. "We obviously know theyve got an extremely potent power play, so you can only give them so many chances because theyre going to find a way to bury one." NOTES: St. Louis has yet to be shut out this season. ... The Kings eliminated the Blues from the playoffs in each of the previous two seasons. In 2012, they beat St. Louis in the second round on the way to their first Stanley Cup title. The Blues, who entered the NHL with the Kings in the 1967 expansion, are still looking for their first Cup. ... Brown has been held to a goal and an assist in his last 13 games. ... The Kings are 8-0-0 when leading after two periods, and havent allowed a first-period goal in their last seven games at Staples Center. ... Los Angeles is 0 for 20 on the power play over its last six games. John Havlicek Celtics Jersey .C. -- Tony Stewart will not race Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway, the third Sprint Cup race hes skipped since his car struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr. Kevin Mchale Jersey . - Erick Torres scored his 10th goal of the season on a stunning volley, and Chivas USA edged 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Saturday night. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-reggie-lewis-celtics-jersey/ .C. -- Duke sophomore Rodney Hood is entering the NBA draft.As I left the broadcast booth at Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday night, I took an elevator down to the main level with a family of four. They were energetic, full of smiles and happy with how their evening had gone. The teenage son turned to me and asked where I was from. I explained my reason for being there and he immediately wanted to know if I was surprised at the 3-0 defeat suffered by Toronto FC. His eyes widened when I said I wasnt. "I dont know too much about soccer but I was told tonight I was coming to see Salt Lake play the New York Yankees of MLS," he said. Minutes earlier, they were a part of a crowd that chanted overrated towards the opposition. Real Salt Lake fans know, more than most, what a competitive, perennial MLS Cup contender should look like and the jury in Utah was in. The verdict? Pretenders not contenders. For now. However, it is hard to think the management at the club didnt see this coming. It is, after all, only three games into the season following a massive overhaul. Just as expectations soared to ridiculous heights following the opening game win in Seattle, the reaction since this loss has been equally irrational. The biggest issue with Toronto FC through three games is not squad depth (this can be an issue for all in a salary cap league, plus Andrew Weideman was their fifth forward before Bright Dike got hurt and Kyle Bekker is their fourth central midfielder). The biggest issue with Toronto FC is not Doneil Henry, who was criticized in some quarters for giving away a first half penalty. He would go on to shine once again following the error. The two biggest issues with Toronto FC as March comes to a close is cohesiveness and a lack of tactical versatility. The first point can only come with time. Once again it was another new starting XI on Saturday and the team has yet to play back-to-back games with the same lineup from the start, and because of that, relationships within the team that need to gel for the collective to succeed, will take time. The second point, however, is one worth following closer than any other story around this team at the moment. Formations Real Salt Lake not only presented a good test as a unit on Saturday for the visitors, but also tactically in the shape they play in. Ryan Nelsen has said the formation is only really how you line up at the start but being a manager who wants to play two up top, he got a different look at how a 4-4-2 diamond works against his team. The Game Jeff Cassars RSL get their full backs forward more than most. I said that in the pre-game show on TSN and Nelsen certainly was aware of this heading into the game. This is how they get their width. However, it was the intelligent decision-making and movement from their midfield four that allowed them space to run into. Javier Morales ran the game for the home team. His lateral movement was magnificent drifting into pocketts of space unoccupied by TFCs midfield. Bill Russell Celtics Jersey. He made the move into the space to help ignite the play for the second goal. And then on a quick break for the third goal, he again found the space to send the ball over the top for Saborio. Nelsens team has struggled in possession through all three games and that is fine when you can transition and counter as effectively as they did in the first two games. However, against a midfield diamond, the outlets couldnt be found. Alvaro Rey and Mark Bloom were passengers during the first half while the two strikers never got any service. Yes, it can be said they needed to pass the ball better when they got it but the 4-4-2 shape they played really hurt them. Playing two quick, mobile strikers up top means they demand service. Michael Bradleys intelligent balls over the top caused RSLs centre backs some discomfort but the wide players (including full backs) just didnt get into advanced positions to provide crosses enough. Many funds have been given to Gilberto and Jermain Defoe and when they are fit, they will play, but the game was screaming out for an extra central midfielder to make up the numbers and here is the biggest conundrum the coaching staff has at the moment. Games are won and lost in transitions and in Bradley, they have a superior man for that role. However, when he, or his central midfield partner, started one in this game it often began with two wingers and two strikers 30-40 yards away. Defoe and Gilberto will not be left out and can cause massive issues when the game dictates it, matching up 2vs2 in areas, but the use of the wide midfield players can be modified. Bloom and Justin Morrow, just like Salt Lakes full backs, can get forward (it should be noted Bloom did just that when moved back there late in the match) to provide width and away from home, specifically, Toronto would be much better suited playing a narrower 4-4-2 diamond, giving Bradley more outlets around him. The American international is a real difference maker at this level and cannot be regularly concerned about the space in behind him because it pushes Toronto deeper and deeper. Yes, it is part of his job but not at the top of the list. Defoe and Gilberto are also not strikers that feast off crosses, although the Brazilian did excel in a number of aerial duels on Saturday. Bradley, of course, missed his midfield partner Jonathan Osorio on Saturday but the brilliance of Morales, combined with Torontos shape, meant little would have changed had the Canadian played. Once fit, against the leagues strongest teams, Osorio and Bradley should play just ahead of a more defensive-minded midfielder allowing them to have a much clearer job defensively and in transition. In the end, it was just one loss in March but as the club goes through a transition off the field, they need to find a way to ensure they can transition better on it. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz