Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

27.07.2019 09:10
FLORHAM PARK, N. [url=http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Mark-Bavaro-Jersey/]Mark Bavaro Youth Jersey[/url] .J. -- Geno Smi Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N. Mark Bavaro Youth Jersey .J. -- Geno Smith appears not ready for prime time, and Mark Sanchez might not be ready for the opener. Now what for the New York Jets? Well, they have less than two weeks to solve their big quarterback question before they face Tampa Bay on Sept. 8 in the regular-season opener. "We said from Day 1 that there was no timetable on us announcing a starting quarterback," coach Rex Ryan said Monday. And, theres no rush, of course -- except when you consider that the preseason is nearly over and the Jets still have no clarity on the situation. Smith was given an opportunity to possibly seize the starting job last Saturday against the Giants, but came up with a dismal performance that included three interceptions and taking a safety when he stepped out of the back of the end zone. Sanchez, who appeared in great shape to win the competition, is now recovering from a shoulder injury suffered in garbage time against the Giants -- and could keep him out for the start of the season. It is conceivable, of course, that the Jets could keep everyone -- the media, fans and opponents -- guessing until the Friday before their game against the Buccaneers. "Well probably have our decision before that," Ryan said. "But as we said, were not going to rush the decision until were completely comfortable with that decision. And, well stay with that. "Hey, I dont know what else to say about it." Ryan is probably a bit surprised hes even still talking about the competition at this point. After all, it was deemed an "open competition" that would be decided when one of the quarterbacks had elevated himself above the other. But, it has been so tightly contested that there was no clear opening, an opportunity for most observers to say, "Thats the guy." Until Saturday night. Thats when Smith showed his inexperience in his first NFL start with some jitters, mistakes and missteps through three-plus quarters. "It (was) pretty uneven," Smith said. "I had some ups and downs. Its all a part of the learning curve." Its a curve that could continue through Thursdays game against Philadelphia and into Week 1 against Tampa Bay. Ryan said the Jets havent yet determined whos playing against the Eagles, but Sanchez will certainly not. Many fans and media assumed Sanchez, with a solid camp and preseason performance, had clinched the starting job after Smiths performance. But then, Ryan wanted to see more of Sanchez, who went into the game and had his right shoulder crunched by Marvin Austin after completing a pass with less than 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Sanchez is day to day with the injury, which neither he nor Ryan would detail. Sanchez is staying positive, though, about potentially being ready for the season opener. "Thats the goal," Sanchez said. "Every injury is different. Its all subjective at this point, and Im going to do everything I possibly can. Thats all I can promise." Sanchez refused to speculate about possibly losing the starting job, which he has held since coming into the league in 2009, because of the injury. He also wouldnt go into what type of rehabilitation process he faces. "Emotionally, youre just upset, and thats really where your heads at," he said. "Youre just upset to be hurt. You never want to be hurt. You work too hard to get hurt and its just a bummer. So, you just rebound, rehab your butt off and get back as soon as possible." And, if hes not ready to go against Tampa Bay, the starter could be Smith -- by default. One things for sure: It wont be either Greg McElroy or Matt Simms, who has had an impressive camp while competing for the No. 3 job. Smith has shown some promise this preseason, and come a long way with improving his footwork and picking up Marty Mornhinwegs offence. The Jets claimed they needed much more film on Smith to better evaluate him after he sat out a game with a sprained ankle, and they certainly got it against the Giants. "With Geno, there was the good, the bad and the ugly," Ryan said. The good was the two scoring drives he led in the 24-21 overtime win, including a 22-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. The bad was the interceptions, although Ryan credited Justin Tuck for making a "great play" on one of them. As for the ugly, that was the safety when Smith lost track of his surroundings on the field. Despite all of that, Smith insisted that if the decision came that he would be the Week 1 starter, hed be ready to lead the Jets. "Yes, I am," he said. "Ive been working hard, extremely hard this off-season. Im preparing myself to be a starter Week 1 and if Im given the chance, Ill be prepared for it." Sanchez, meanwhile, wouldnt say whether he thought he had won the starting job before his injury. "I feel like Ive put together a great camp and its been my best camp," he said. "That decision is going to be up to the coaches. So, well see." ---- NOTES: WR Santonio Holmes, taken off the physically unable to perform list last Friday, participated in positional drills as he works his way back from a foot injury suffered in Week 4 last season. ... CB Antonio Cromartie (hip) rode a stationary bike, along with Sanchez, CB Dee Milliner (calf) and NT Kenrick Ellis (back), during the 30-minute window of practice the media could watch. Lawrence Taylor Womens Jersey . Josh Bailey had a goal and an assist as the New York Islanders earned a 2-1 win over Ottawa Wednesday, leaving the Senators five points out of a playoff spot with just five games to play and four teams ahead of them. Darius Slayton Giants Jersey . Damyean Dotson, 19, Dominic Artis, 19 and Brandon Austin, 18, were suspended after the school received a police report concerning allegations made by a student who said she was assaulted by the players in early March. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Lawrence-Taylor-Jersey/ .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. DETROIT -- Joel Hanrahan is still working back from elbow surgery for a team eagerly awaiting his return. The former All-Star agreed to a $1 million, one-year deal with the Detroit Tigers, who are hopeful the right-hander can bolster a shaky bullpen when hes ready to pitch again in the majors. Hanrahan had Tommy John surgery last May after nine appearances for the Boston Red Sox in 2013. He saved 76 games over the previous two seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates. "The one area we wanted to address the most with our ballclub has been our bullpen," general manager Dave Dombrowski said after announcing the deal Friday. The Tigers put Hanrahan on the 15-day disabled list, saying they will not rush him back to the majors. Hanrahan is expected to throw to hitters next week. "Right now I feel good. My arm feels good, my body feels good," Hanrahan said. "Im able to throw a slider again, which I havent been able to do for a while." Hanrahan will earn $819,672 of his base salary, or 150-183rds given that he wasnt on the roster until Friday. He can make $2.17 million in bonuses based on time on the active major league roster: $310,000 each for 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90 and 105 days. "Im not going to jump to the conclusion that hes going to be 100 per cent just because of the nature of the recovery from these surgeries, but the reports are his velocity has been good," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "I dont know necessarily back to where he was pre-surgery, but it doesnt mean he wont get back. "I do know hes battle-tested in late innings," Ausmus added. "He wont be intimidated by a situation, which I think is very important, especiallly if you work your way into a pennant race by September. Phil McConkey Giants Jersey. ." The 32-year-old said Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter -- a friend of his -- helped recruit him. Detroit signed veteran Joe Nathan to be the closer in the off-season, but the bullpen was hurt by a season-ending injury to Bruce Rondon. Tigers relievers had a 5.37 ERA entering Friday nights game at Kansas City. The 6-foot-4 Hanrahan is hesitant to put any timetable on his return. "I dont think anybodys really saying like, Youve got to be back on June 1," Hanrahan said. "Its kind of a situation where I havent faced a hitter yet, I havent bounced back from throwing in a game. Its a situation that, itll come day by day." Ausmus also tried to temper expectations that Hanrahan will be able to help soon. "Youre making the assumption that everything is going to go well, and I hope it does," he said, "but theres some Ts to cross and Is to dot before Im ready to say how great this is. But all things equal, Id rather have him if hes healthy than not have him." If Hanrahan is healthy and effective, he could end up being one of the teams top right-handed options in the bullpen, along with Nathan. Al Alburquerque and Joba Chamberlain have shown the ability to strike hitters out, but they had ERAs of 4.50 and 4.35 entering Friday. Hanrahan was an All-Star in 2011 and 2012, and in 2010 he struck out 100 hitters in 69 2-3 innings for the Pirates. "When anybody comes back from injury thats got an established big league history, we try to watch all of those guys throw whenever we can," Dombrowski said. "Were always looking to upgrade." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz