Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

31.07.2019 07:44
and Spencer Watson Antworten

DENVER -- The Atlanta Braves scored early and often and they needed nearly every one of those runs to beat the Colorado Rockies. Rickey Henderson Padres Jersey . Andrelton Simmons hit his first career grand slam as part of a seven-run first inning, and the Braves held on to beat Colorado 13-10 on Tuesday night. Evan Gattis had a home run among his three hits and Freddie Freeman also homered for the Braves, who had season-highs of 16 hits and 13 runs but had to sweat out a win in the late innings. "Nothing surprises me in this ballpark," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Ive been in this office in the same situation with a loss hanging over your head." The teams combined for 29 hits and neither starter made it out of the fifth inning. Rockies right-hander Juan Nicasio lasted just 3 2-3 innings and Atlantas Mike Minor left after giving up two hits to start the fifth. David Hale (2-0) pitched 2 1-3 innings of relief for the win. "I wasnt making quality pitches early on and later on I felt like I was making better pitches and couldnt get out of a jam," Minor said. "They were scoring all night." The Rockies trailed 13-9 when reliever Jordan Walden walked the bases loaded with no outs in the eighth. One out later Shae Simmons came on and allowed a sacrifice fly by Justin Morneau but then struck out Josh Rutledge to end the threat. Craig Kimbrel struck out the side in the ninth for his 18th save in 21 chances. "Kimbrel was great," Gonzalez said. "We score seven in the first inning and we needed a shutdown inning." Nicasio had a scary moment when he deflected a line drive by Justin Upton with his glove in the bottom of the first. Nicasio fractured his neck and sustained a concussion when he was hit in the head by a line drive on Aug. 5, 2011. He missed the rest of his rookie season. "That was scary. You definitely look at his past history and know what happened," shortstop Troy Tulowitzki said. "Its something you dont want to see. But Juan is a tough kid. I think hes really over that." The Braves also had a scare when Upton gingerly ran the bases in the first. Gonzalez removed him from the game before Atlanta took the field in the bottom of the inning. Gonzalez and Upton said it wasnt serious and he could play in the next couple of days. "I dont know how its going to feel tomorrow but Im optimistic its not anything too serious," Upton said. Wilin Rosario homered and Rutledge had three hits for Colorado, which has lost 10 of 11 and 15 of 18 to fall six games below .500. The Braves jumped on Nicasio right away. Jayson Heyward doubled then B.J. Upton tripled and scored on a groundout. Four straight singles made it 3-0 and loaded the bases for Simmons, who went deep to centre to make it 7-0. "Its a lot of fun, especially being an offensive player and being able to bat around and score a lot of runs," said Chris Johnson, who had his second straight three-hit game. "Everybodys in a good mood because everyone hit and did well." Atlanta sent 10 batters to the plate in the inning, and Colorado nearly matched it in the bottom of the frame. The Rockies scored three times on Rosarios single, Morneaus sacrifice fly and a bases-loaded walk to DJ LeMahieu Minor walked three batters and hit another and needed 38 pitches to get out of the first with a 7-3 lead. "Me and Gattis, before we walked out we said were going to act like its a 0-0 game," Minor said. "I couldnt throw a curveball for a strike. They eliminated every offspeed pitch and fastballs, I was barely missing the plate." He gave his team an 8-3 lead with an RBI single in the third but then allowed two more runs in the bottom of the inning, including a run-scoring single to Nicasio. It wasnt enough for the right-hander, who left in the fourth after solo homers by Freeman and Gattis, who scored a career-high four runs. Nicasio (5-5) allowed a career-high 10 runs and 11 hits. He has given up at least five runs and nine hits in his last three starts. His ERA has risen from 3.60 to 5.70 in the three outings, all losses. "I didnt worry about that line drive to me. I didnt do my job today," Nicasio said. "I feel bad for my team. They scored 10 runs I need to win this game." Atlanta scored three times off reliever Chad Bettis in the sixth to make it 13-8. NOTES: Gattis extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the first inning. ... Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez had a small tumour removed from his left index finger. The procedure was performed in Cleveland. ... The Braves activated Walden from the 15-day DL and optioned LHP Alex Wood to Triple-A Gwinnett. ... Atlanta RHP Julio Teheran (6-3, 1.89) will face LHP Tyler Matzek, who will make his major league debut for the Rockies on Wednesday night. Matt Strahm Padres Jersey . There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Ozzie Smith Padres Jersey . This was one of them. Omar Infante homered and tied a career high with six RBIs to carry the Kansas City Royals over the Baltimore Orioles 9-3 on Sunday. http://www.padressale.com/padres-hunter-renfroe-jersey/ . The Blue Jackets got goals from Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno, Boone Jenner and R.J. Umberger and Curtis McElhinney posted his first shutout since 2011 in a 4-0 victory on Friday night.LONDON, Ont. - Ryan Rupert and Chris Tierney combined for five goals and nine points as the London Knights crushed the visiting Mississauga Steelheads 7-1 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Rupert scored three times and added an assist for the Knights (28-7-4) while Tierney had two goals and three assists. Brett Welychka and Matt Rupert had a goal and an assist apiece for London and Max Domi tacked on four assists. Dylan Smoskowitz scored the lone goal for the Steelheads (15-21-4), who dropped their third straight game. Jake Patterson made 25 saves for the Knights. Spencer Martin started in net for Mississauga, but was pulled after allowing six goals on 21 shots. Dawson Carty started the third period for the Steelheads and turned away 16-of-17 shots in relief. --- ATTACK 3 OTTERS 2 (OT) ERIE, Pa. -- Holden Cook scored 3:29 into overtime and Brandon Hope stopped 39 shots as Owen Sound hung on to edge the Otters. Daniel Milne and Thomas Schemitsch gave the Attack (20-13-6) a 2-0 lead while Cook tacked on an assist for a two-point night. Michael Curtis and Jake Evans responded for Erie (30-7-2) with goals in the third period. Devin Williams made 29 saves for the Otters. --- FRONTENACS 9 PETES 0 KINGSTON, Ont. -- Samuel Schutt scored three times and Matt Mahalak made 23 saves as the Frontenacs crushed Peterborough for their third straight victory. Slater Doggett scored once and set up two more for Kingston (22-12-4) and Evan McEneny, Loren Ulett and Spencer Watson each chipped in with three assists. Michael Moffat, Darcy Greenaway, Mack Lemmon, Corey Pawley and Sam Bennett also scored for the Frontenacs. Nelson Armstrong was a team-worst minus-6 for the Petes (16-20-4), who had their three-game win streak halted, while Andrew DAgostini and Michael Giugovaz combined to stop 41-of-50 shots in a losing cause. --- SPIRIT 3 ICEDOGS 2 (SO) SAGINAW, Mich. -- Jimmy Lodge scored the shootout winner as the Spirit slipped past Niagara to halt their six-game winless streak. Eric Locke and Terry Trafford also scored for Saginaw (17-17-5). Eric Ming and Johnny Corneil supplied the offence for the IceDogs (12-21-5). Nikita Serebryakov made 24 saves for the Spirit as Niagaras Brent Moran turned aside 26 shots in a losing cause. Greg Garcia Padres Jersey. --- STORM 5 GREYHOUNDS 3 GUELPH, Ont. -- The Storm scored three unanswered goals in the final six minutes of the third period to down Sault Ste. Marie. Scott Kosmachuck, Adam Craievich and Jason Dickinson scored in the third for the Storm (29-7-3), who extended their win streak to seven games, while Chadd Bauman and Steven Trojanovic added the others. Jared McCann, Darnell Nurse and Michael Bunting scored for the Greyhounds (26-9-5), who lost in regulation for the first time in eight games. Justin Nichols made 34 saves for Guelph. Matt Murray stopped 30 shots for Sault Ste. Marie. --- RANGERS 6 STING 5 KITCHENER, Ont. -- Justin Bailey scored twice and broke a 5-5 tie with just 24 seconds remaining in the third period as the Rangers handed Sarnia its fifth loss in a row. Nick Maygar scored once and set up three more for Kitchener (14-22-1) while Logan Schmidt, Brent Pedersen and Ryan MacInnis added a goal apiece. The Sting (12-23-4) got goals from Jimmy McDowell, Nickolas Latta, Patrick White, Davis Brown and Daniel Nikandrov. Jordan DeKort started in net for the Rangers but was pulled after giving up three goals on 12 shots. Matthew Greenfield replaced DeKort and made 18 saves in 42 minutes of relief. Taylor Dupuis made 45 saves for Sarnia. --- SPITFIRES 4 67S 1 OTTAWA -- Brady Vail had two goals and two assists as Windsor extended its win streak to five games by downing the 67s. Sam Povorozniouk and Remy Giftopoulos also scored for the Spitfires (25-12-1). Andrew Abou-Assaly scored the lone goal for Ottawa (12-21-4), which dropped its third straight contest. Alex Fotinos made 29 saves for Windsor as Philippe Trudeau stopped 34-of-38 shots for the 67s. --- WOLVES 2 GENERALS 0 SUDBURY, Ont -- Franky Palazzese turned away 40 shots as the Wolves blanked Oshawa. Palazzese was at his best in the third period when he turned away all 20 shots he faced to hold a one-goal lead. Nicholas Baptiste scored the eventual winner at 12:28 of the second period for Sudbury (21-10-6) and Nathan Pancel added an empty-netter late in the third. Daniel Altshuller turned away 13-of-14 shots for the Generals (26-11-3). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz