Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 98 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
zhangzk Offline

Post Master

03.09.2019 05:38
Will Power topped qualifying once again. Antworten

AUSTIN Khari Willis Jersey , Texas (AP) — Now he has a chance to turn pole position into a tidy little payday if he can drive to another victory.The Team Penske star earned career pole No. 56 Saturday at the inaugural IndyCar Classic at the Circuit of the Americas, edging Andretti Autosport teammates Alexander Rossi and Ryan Hunter-Reay.Sixteen of Power’s 35 career victories have come from pole position. Do it again Sunday and he’ll earn a $100,000 bonus. But the Australian said he’s eying an even bigger prize: a season championship to match his 2014 IndyCar crown.“I want the $1 million at the end of the year,” Power said. “That’s much better.”Power started on pole position at the season-opening race in St. Petersburg but finished third behind winner and Penske teammate Josef Newgarden.The top three had to dig deep for the final laps to knock rookies Colton Herta of Harding Steinbrenner Racing and Felix Rosenqvist of Chip Ganassi Racing from the top spots. Herta will start fourth and Rosenqvist fifth.Herta was the breakout driver at preseason testing here and briefly held pole position until the final seconds of qualifying. He had trouble Friday when his engine blew early in practice, putting pressure on the team just to get him back on the track.“To show we had the pace during qualifying was reassuring. I know we can back it up in the race,” Herta said.IndyCar is racing for the first time at the track built for Formula One in 2012. After two days of preseason testing last month and two days of practice and qualifying this week, the drivers think the 3.41-mile track, one of the longest of the IndyCar season, could produce some wild racing as tires wear out quickly with no track limits in the turns.The biggest impact will be on Turn 19, where drivers will be allowed to swing wide into the runoff area. That will help cut lap times by 0.2 to 0.3 seconds.Some drivers like it. Some don’t. Several had trouble negotiating the turn on Saturday.“I’m not a fan of track limits. That’s why I like racing in America, because you don’t really have track limits. You go off in this grass, gravel or wall,” Rosenqvist said. “I’m kind of a fan for opening it up. You know it’s going to be the same for everyone. They’re not going to look at this guy was one millimeter over the line or not Josh Allen Jersey , which is a bit ridiculous.”Team Penske’s Simon Pagenaud questioned whether it’s safe. His qualifying session ended early after Tony Kanaan ran wide into the gravel on Turn 19 to bring out a red flag.“The track was designed a certain way. I think there was a reason,” Pagenaud said. “It’s really a tough corner when you have track limits. When you don’t have track limits, running off wide, you’re actually facing the guardrail. It’s not as safe, not designed that way. It’s actually bad on the car as well because you’re really bottoming pretty hard.”Other items from Austin:ROOKIE PUSHHerta and Rosenqvist weren’t the only rookies making a push deep into qualifying Saturday.Santino Ferrucci of Dale Coyne Racing and Carlin’s Patricio O’Ward both made it past the opening rounds. O’Ward, last season’s Indy Lights champion, will start eighth in his IndyCar season debut. Ferrucci will start 11th.The circuit veterans were impressed by the youngsters. Power, Hunter-Reay and Scott Dixon, who have won seven IndyCar titles between them, are all 38 years old. Herta is 18. O’Ward is 19.“I think it’s great for the future of the sport,” said Dixon, who will start sixth Sunday. “Some of us are getting pretty old.”PAGENAUD’S PROBLEMSThe 2016 champion has seen his qualifying in the first two races doomed by red flags in the early sessions. The Frenchman will start 22nd Sunday. He started 13th in St. Petersburg and raced his way to finish seventh.“I need to find a lucky charm or something,” Pagenaud said. “It’s really frustrating to start at the back like this. I’ve got a good car.” NASHVILLE Jawaan Taylor Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Quarterback Blaine Gabbert quickly stopped the reporter asking him about learning his fourth offense in four years.“Eighth in eight years,” he said.The Tennessee Titans, who signed Gabbert in March to back up Marcus Mariota , are the fourth team that the quarterback has played for since being drafted by Jacksonville in 2011. But coach Mike Vrabel is his ninth different head coach and has the eighth different scheme that Gabbert has had to learn since he entered the NFL out of Missouri.“There’s going to be bumps in the road,” Gabbert said. “We’re installing new plays every night, but at the same time it’s about mastering all the little things. Not getting ahead of yourself and kind of run the system.”It’s a bit of a coincidence that Gabbert finds himself back in the AFC South where his professional career began. The Jaguars drafted him at No. 10 overall in 2011, two picks after Tennessee selected quarterback Jake Locker out of Washington. Locker retired from football when his rookie contract expired in March 2015, and Gabbert already was in San Francisco with his second team, preparing to work with his fifth different head coach.“Football careers go many different ways,” Gabbert said. “That was eight years ago.”In that span, Gabbert has played for Jack Del Rio, Mel Tucker, Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley in Jacksonville before being traded to San Francisco Josh Oliver Jersey , where he played for Jim Harbaugh, Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly. Then he went to Arizona last season to play for Bruce Arians, starting five games and going 2-3, with one of those wins coming in December against Tennessee .As Gabbert churned through different head coaches, the Titans had their own revolving door at quarterback: Locker, Matt Hasselbeck, Rusty Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger, Alex Tanney and Mariota — Tennessee’s second quarterback drafted in the first round in a five-year span. Matt Cassel started a game in each of the past two seasons with Mariota out with injuries.That led the Titans to release Cassel in March, looking to upgrade Mariota’s backup. They went from Cassel, who was 35 last season Deandre Baker Jersey , to Gabbert, who turns 29 in October. Gabbert said he was persuaded to join the Titans after sitting down with Vrabel , general manager Jon Robinson, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur and quarterbacks coach Pat O’Hara.“They’re great guys, and that was something I wanted to be a part of,” Gabbert said. “They’re a young, hungry group and then just being able to meet the guys in the locker room. We have one of the best, if not the best, locker room I’ve ever been around. The guys genuinely care about each other on and off the field.”The Titans get a quarterback who is big. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Gabbert has had to be a quick learner in his career. He has started 45 of 48 games, throwing for 8,437 yards with 44 touchdowns and 43 interceptions. He also is more mobile than Cassel, having run 170 times for 631 yards with three TDs.Gabbert was 9 of 15 for 76 yards in the Titans’ 31-17 loss to Green Bay in the preseason opener .“Blaine’s a professional http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/oshane-ximines-jersey ,” Vrabel said Sunday. “He’s got a good arm. I think he’s come in, and he’s been with a lot of quarterbacks, he’s been with a lot of teams, so I think he gives good perspective to the room, first and foremost. He started in this league, and he continues to develop, and I think like any other player out there, he’s got some good plays, and he’s got some plays that he’d like to have back.”NOTES: Rookie LB Rashaan Evans worked out Sunday on a side field . The 22nd pick overall out of Alabama left practice with an undisclosed injury on the first day of pads on July 28 and had not practiced since.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz