Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

10.09.2019 07:38
Nishikori defeated Antworten

CHICAGO -- The Pittsburgh Pirates are in the thick of the playoff race in the National League, so Saturday is another big day for manager Clint Hurdles club. Noah Fant Jersey . Fridays series opener against the Chicago Cubs was suspended by rain with the game tied at 3 in the seventh inning. The teams will pick up right where they left off before their regularly scheduled matchup Saturday afternoon. The Pirates brought a four-game losing streak to Wrigley Field and began the day third in the NL Central, 5 1/2 back of the streaking Cardinals and 1 1/2 games out in the wild-card race. Completing two games in one day provides a chance for Pittsburgh to make up ground no matter what the other NL contenders do. The Pirates and Cubs waited through a 37-minute rain delay in the fifth, but more storms rolled through the area with Jordy Mercer at the plate in the top of the seventh. With more rain in the forecast, the game was called after a delay of 1 hour, 52 minutes. "The field took a lot of water. It would take quite a bit of time to prep the field (and) there would be a very small window of clear weather to play," Hurdle said. "We might not even have the potential of playing multiple innings, and theres another larger storm thats supposed to come and last longer." Josh Harrison had three hits for Pittsburgh, including two doubles, at the time of the suspension. Jose Tabata had two hits and drove in a run. Cubs left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada left with one out in the fourth due to mild cramping in his left calf. He hit consecutive batters with pitches in the third and was charged with three runs, two earned, on three hits and one walk. The gametime temperature was 88 degrees on a muggy afternoon, and Wada said he thought the heat bothered him. "This was something that I experienced in Japan in the past as well, so I just felt like it just kind of came up again," he said through a translator. Pittsburgh right-hander Vance Worley returned after the first delay, but departed with two outs in the fifth. He allowed three runs, two earned, and five hits. "You cant control the weather," Worley said. "I went back out there and the ball was coming out better than the rest of the game. I got a little erratic at times, but I kept the ball in the park and they put a couple of balls in play." Wada was in line for the loss before Chris Valaikas two-out RBI single in the fifth. The Cubs then had runners on second and third, but Justin Wilson retired pinch-hitter Mike Olt on a bouncer to second for the final out of the inning. "I thought Justin did a great job leaving the two runners out there," Hurdle said. Harrison doubled and scored on a two-out throwing error by third baseman Luis Valbuena in the first. But Harrison returned the favour in the third, throwing Valaikas two-out grounder over the head of first baseman Gaby Sanchez for an error that allowed Valbuena to come home. The Cubs made another costly defensive mistake in the fourth when Arismendy Alcantara broke in on Tabatas drive to centre and it sailed over his head for an RBI double. Harrison added another run-scoring double with two outs, giving Pittsburgh a 3-2 lead. TRAINERS ROOM Pirates: OF Travis Snider (left hamstring) and INF Pedro Alvarez (left foot) arent ready to play just yet, Hurdle said. ... RHP Charlie Morton, placed on the disabled list last month with a sports hernia in his right hip, was scheduled to throw a bullpen Friday and then a simulated game Tuesday in Philadelphia. UP NEXT Two left-handers take the mound when Pittsburghs Francisco Liriano (3-10, 3.91 ERA) faces Felix Doubront (1-0, 1.29) on Saturday afternoon. Liriano is looking for his first win since July 29 at San Francisco, while Doubront is seeking his second straight victory after he pitched seven solid innings in his first appearance with the Cubs at St. Louis last Saturday. Shannon Sharpe Jersey . Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21. Dre Mont Jones Broncos Jersey . Left-handed reliever Boone Logan agreed to a $16.5 million, three-year contract on Friday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-Bradley-Chubb-Broncos-Jerseys/ . This is not some token job for a prominent, popular former player. All of those areas need a lot of work, so Molitor is going to be busy. "Hes certainly got a history and knowledge and a high baseball IQ," general manager Terry Ryan said.TOKYO - Canadas Milos Raonic defeated Denis Istomin 7-6 (8), 6-3 on Friday to reach the semifinals of the Japan Open.The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., now holds the eighth and final qualifying spot for the ATP World Tour Finals which begins Nov. 9 in London.Raonic has been aiming for a place in the elite eight-man field all season after missing out in the points race a year ago. But with the remainder of the Japan Open plus the Shanghai Open next week and three more weeks of ATP season play, nothing is guaranteed for Raonic.Ive put it all at the back of my mind, said Raonic. My goals has always been to do well at everything I play. I want to finish the year well a€” thats where my motivation is coming from.Raonic lost the last two finals in Tokyo and will try to reach his third consecutive Japan Open final when he faces Frances Gilles Simon on Saturday.The unseeded Simon advanced to the tournaments four with a 7-6 (4), 6-1 win over American Steve Johnson.In other quarter-finals, Japans Kei Nishikori defeated unseeded Jeremy Chardy of France 6-4, 6-2 while German Benjamin Becker edged American Jack Sock 4-6, 6-1 6-4.Raonic improved his 2014 record to 42-113 and now stands 13-4 at Tokyos Ariake Colosseum in career ATP play. Steve Atwater Jersey. aonic won in 79 minutes with 15 aces and one break of serve. His own serve was never threatened by 60th ranked Istomin.But Raonic had hoped to be quicker out of the blocks.I struggled to find rhythm at the start, but I played a good tiebreak so I have to be happy, said Raonic. I was able to improve more and more as I went along.Neither player cracked in the 47-minute first set, with Raonic firing an ace to take it into a tiebreaker.Raonic was put to work in the decider, saving an Istomin set point while requiring three of his own to finally win it after Istomin followed a double-fault with a backhand into the net.The second set went much smoother for Raonic, who scored the only break of the match for 5-3 and closed out the win a game later after serving up a double-fault on the first of his three match points. He advanced on his third chance as Istomin hit the net with a return.The Canadian stands 2-0 over Simon, whom he beat at the French Open this year.Ive done well against him but I always want to do better, thats the match situation right there, said Raonic. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz