Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
zhangzk Offline

Post Master

16.11.2019 03:39
Ask Jadeveon Clowney how the Houston Texans turned around their season Antworten

Started from the bottom now we’re here Michael Deiter Jersey ,” he bellows. “Started from the bottom now the whole team here.”While the 2013 Drake tune is a little old to be the team’s anthem, the sentiment of the song couldn’t be more fitting for these Texans.They occupied the basement of the AFC South after opening the season with losses to New England, Tennessee and the New York Giants by a combined 13 points. After falling into such a big hole early, the Texans were written off by many as headed to a lost season.Everyone insists that such a defeatist sentiment never took hold within the team, with the struggles galvanizing them to get on track and prove the doubters wrong.“Don’t quit. Everyone keeps fighting. Everyone keeps believing,” quarterback Deshaun Watson said. “Everyone keeps fighting to the very, very end. That is what we do. Regardless of the situation or the adversity, we are always going to keep fighting. That is how we feel.”Houston is the second team in NFL history to win six in a row after opening 0-3, the first since the Giants in 1970. The winning streak has the Texans in first place in their division and in good position to compete for their third AFC South title in the last four seasons.A big reason for Houston’s turnaround has been the play of Watson and defensive end J.J. Watt. Both have started each game this year after having their 2017 seasons cut short by major injuries. Watson tore a knee ligament in practice after appearing in seven games in 2017. Watt played just eight games in the previous two years because of back surgeries and a broken leg.Watt is tied for third in the NFL with nine sacks and his four forced fumbles are tied for most in the league.“I know he probably doesn’t want to talk about it too much, but I’ve never seen anything like it,” coach Bill O’Brien said. “To come back from what he’s been able to come back from, some really serious injuries, and to be able to play at the level that he’s playing at Daniel Jones Jersey , it just says all you need to know about him and how much he cares about the team and how much he wants to help this organization win.”Watson, the 12th overall pick in last year’s draft, has thrown for 2,389 yards with 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions despite being slowed by lung and rib injuries. O’Brien said his diligence in coming to the facility every day after his injury last season to study film and talk to coaches has helped Watson take a step forward this year.“He’s grown a lot,” O’Brien said. “He’s just an awesome guy to work with. He cares about studying, he cares about putting time in to prepare for each game. I think he’s learned a lot about NFL defenses. He’s had a lot thrown at him defensively this year, whether it’s third-down defenses, red-area defenses. He’s improved every week.”Watson has been helped by the stellar play of receiver DeAndre Hopkins, who is No. 3 in the NFL with 894 yards receiving and whose seven touchdowns are tied for second. The Texans hope that new addition Demaryius Thomas, acquired in a trade with Denver last Tuesday, will make more of an impact after the break with some time to learn the offense.Hopkins, who has five touchdowns in the last four games, said despite this strong stretch the Texans are approaching things the same way they did when they were desperate for a victory.“We’ve got the same mentality Dexter Lawrence Jersey , and that’s win,” he said. “That’s why we go to practice and that’s why we wake up every day. It’s the same mentality we had when we were 0-3. Nothing’s changed.”They know that if they let up, their season will end prematurely, just as it did when they went 4-12 in 2017.O’Brien let out a slight chuckle when asked if 0-3 feels like forever ago.“It’s not a really long time ago,” he said. “I think our players understand that, and I think the difference between 0-3 and where we are now is not a big difference. We’re just making some more plays, we’re coaching some things better. I think our guys have to — and they do — understand that every week is going to be difficult.”First up is a trip to Washington on Nov. 18 before a Monday night matchup with Tennessee on Nov. 26 in the first of three straight home games when a win would be key in moving closer to taking their division.“It’s just important to note that we haven’t been blowing anybody out,” safety Tyrann Mathieu said. “I don’t think we are a complacent group of guys. We’ve been in some fist fights, some real close ballgames, so it’s not like everything is cookie cutter and everything is going all good for us.”“We still have things we can improve on and work on, so I think that’s what’s going to keep us pushing forward.” CHICAGO (AP) — David Montgomery showed all the reasons why he was one of the top running backs in this year’s NFL draft.Patience. Vision. Toughness.A few more carries at the right time, and the Chicago Bears might have won Sunday.Montgomery broke out with a career-high 135 yards rushing in his seventh NFL game, but he only touched the ball once inside the 20 on Chicago’s first three drives to the red zone— part of a day full of curious decisions in a 17-16 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.“We were just going with the game Deandre Baker Jersey ,” Montgomery said. “Some games are run. Some games are pass. You just go with what works. The play-calling was awesome today. Everybody did their part. The ball just didn’t roll in our corner.”One week after Chicago managed just 17 yards rushing on a franchise-low seven attempts in a 36-25 loss to New Orleans, Montgomery had 27 of the Bears’ 38 carries. He scored his third career touchdown on a 4-yard run in the third quarter, giving Chicago a 16-7 lead.But the Bears (3-4) were unable to close out the Chargers (3-5), who had dropped three in a row and five of six.Mitchell Trubisky threw an interception and lost a fumble, helping Los Angeles rally. But he scrambled for 11 yards to move the Bears to the Chargers 21 with about 40 seconds left.Rather than try to move closer, coach Matt Nagy had Trubisky take a knee and called his last timeout with 4 seconds left. Eddy Pineiro then missed a 41-yard field goal as time expired, giving the Chargers the dramatic victory.“I have zero thought of running the ball and taking the chance of fumbling the football,” Nagy said. “They know you’re running the football, so you lose 3, 4 yards, so that wasn’t even in our process as coaches to think about that.“We were in field goal range before the scramble, and then we got the scramble, so that didn’t even cross my mind.”Los Angeles played without starting defensive linemen Brandon Mebane and Justin Jones due to injuries Oshane Ximines Jersey , and Chicago looked to take advantage of their absence right from the beginning.Montgomery rushed for 10 yards on the Bears’ first play from scrimmage. He had 12 carries for 85 yards at halftime, including a 55-yarder for the team’s first run of at least 50 yards since Jordan Howard’s 53-yard rush during a 27-24 overtime win at Baltimore on Oct. 15, 2017.“Whenever your opportunity comes you’ve got to try to be ready for it,” said Montgomery, a third-round pick out of Iowa State. “I just tried to make sure I took advantage of every opportunity today.”But Chicago was held to four field-goal tries in its four trips to the red zone in the first half. Pineiro hit the right upright on a 33-yarder in the first quarter, and then connected from 22, 25 and 19 yards.The first three times the Bears drove inside the 20, Montgomery had one carry for a 2-yard loss in the red zone. After his long run in the second quarter, he touched the ball three times inside the 20 and got stuffed on each carry.“It seemed like they made the plays in the red zone and we didn’t,” Trubisky said. “I thought we had a good plan this week to get it in there. They just made plays in the red zone and we weren’t connecting. So credit to them.”

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz