Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
elaine95 Offline

Post Master

14.12.2019 03:26
year-old Blount failed so spect Antworten

After giving up 13 sacks in the first seven games of the season http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-theo-riddick-jersey , things have gone off the rails in pass protection for the Lions the last two weeks.They’ve allowed 16 sacks in lopsided losses to the Vikings and Bears that leave the Lions at 3-6 and looking up at the rest of the NFC North. It’s also led to questions about whether the constant pressure has led to a drop in play for quarterback Matthew Stafford.Stafford is on pace for career worsts on a variety of fronts, but offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter initially said that a perspective on how Stafford’s played is “sort of Detroit Lions information.” Cooter opened up a bit more on the topic of whether pressure was changing the quarterback’s play later in his media session.“No, Stafford’s a really tough guy,” Cooter said, via MLive.com.聽“Obviously offensively, I have to do a better job and we have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback through playcalling, scheme, execution, all those things. At the end of the day, we have to get that number down and do a better job with that. Stafford hangs in there. Stafford’s a tough guy. He’ll take a hit when needed. We just need to do a better job of protecting him. It starts with me Dwayne Washington Jersey White , I have to improve the way we’re going about doing that and fix some of those errors.”The Lions face the Panthers this week and Carolina’s defense has produced 22 sacks so far this season. If Detroit can’t stop them from padding that total, it’s hard to imagine a different result from the last couple of weeks. With LeGarrette Blount facing free agency after an inefficient year, the Detroit Lions are likely in the market for a complementary back alongside 2018 second-round draft pick Kerryon Johnson. While some are advocating for another draft pick this year, many believe the Lions will look to free agency to help round out their backfield. NFL Network analyst and Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson is amongst the latter group, and he suggested the Lions go after one of the bigger names in free agency. Tomlinson believes the Detroit Lions are the best fit for four-time All Pro Adrian Peterson. “I just think they have a young kid in Kerryon Johnson, who I really like. Kerryon is going to be a stud in this league,” Tomlinson said on NFL Network’s “Total Access” this week. “But I think he can learn a lot from Adrian Peterson. Just the approach of how to be a pro, how to handle being a full-time running back.”Mentoring Johnson obviously has some intangible value to it. We saw veteran players like Ricky Jean Francois help develop defensive line talent that was struggling with a new system. However, Tomlinson suggests that Peterson will bring real value to the field, as well.“So I can see Adrian going to Detroit Sam Martin Jersey , mentoring that young kid, but also having a chance to continue to do his own thing and possibly pass yours truly (in the record books)” he said. Signing a 33-year-old running back is going to be a hard sell for most Lions fans, especially after last year’s plan to sign 31-year-old Blount failed so spectacularly.However, Peterson’s career has been a lot more successful than Blount’s, and he showed plenty of signs of life last year with Washington. Not only did Peterson hit the 1,000-yard mark for the first time since 2015, but he was quite efficient with his runs. He hit 4.2 yards per carry for the season, but, more importantly, he was an excellent short-yardage runner for Washington.On third-and-short Womens Jake Rudock Jersey , Peterson earned first down on 10 of 12 carries, the third best first-down percentage among running backs with at least 10 attempts. That is something the Lions—and Blount specifically—struggled with in 2018. Detroit converted just 61.9 percent (12 of 21) of such situations last year.Additionally appealing would be Peterson’s price. Last year, Washington was able to sign him for just a one-year, $1.05 million contract. That price may go up after an efficient year in Washington but probably not by a lot considering he will be 34 before the season starts.It’s an interesting idea from Tomlinson, and one at least worth some consideration. However, at some point, Peterson is going to hit that wall, if he hasn’t already. And considering the Lions swung and missed last year with an aging back, they may be more inclined to take a different strategy into 2019.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz