Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
elaine95 Offline

Post Master

02.01.2020 02:51
he was dying,” Glanville said. “When I wa Antworten

NFL waiver wire rules: How it works Anthony Zettel Jersey White , who’s eligible, 2018 priority order Now that the initial roster cuts are over, it’s time to look towards the crowded waiver wire. Per the NFL transaction list, nearly 1,000 players were waived on Saturday alone. That’s a ton of players for teams to try and stash on their own rosters, if desired. But if several teams want a player, who gets him? Several cut players were “released” not “waived.” What does that mean? And when do players get claimed? We’re going to answer all those questions right now.What is the waiver wire and how does it work?When a player is cut from a team, but they don’t have four years of accrued seasons in the NFL, they are officially “waived.” That means they do not immediately become free agents. They, instead, are put on waivers for a select period of time—typically 24 hours, but it may be longer if it’s a weekend. While a player is on waivers, any NFL team can put in a claim for them. At the end of the waiver period for that player, of the teams that put in a waiver claim for the player, the one with highest priority gets rights to him. If a player goes unclaimed they are officially a free agent free to go anywhere. Teams can also sign unclaimed players to their practice squads. However, if you claim a player via waivers, he must go on your 53-man roster. How is it different from released players?Veteran players with four or more seasons played in the league are not subject to waivers. If they get cut Danny Amendola Jersey White , they are “released” and immediately become free agents free to sign wherever they please. For example, of the six players we think the Lions should sign after cut day, Brian Robison, Marquis Flowers and Michael Johnson are all 4+ year veterans and are now free agents. However, the rest of the crew has been waived and must go through waivers first.Of the players the Lions cut this year, the only ones not subject to the waiver wire are Jonathan Freeny, Wesley Johnson, Sean McGrath, DeShawn Shead, Cam Johnson, Dexter McDougle, and Sterling Moore. 2018 waiver priorityAs previously mentioned, if there are players that have multiple teams putting in a waiver claim for them, they are awarded to the team with the highest priority. From now until Week 3 of the regular season, waiver priority is simply determined by 2018 NFL Draft order (before trades). So the Cleveland Browns have highest priority, the Philadelphia Eagles have lowest priority, while the Detroit Lions are 20th in line. After Week 4 of the regular season Michael Roberts Jersey White , waiver priority is determined by NFL standings—the worst teams have the highest priority.Claiming deadlineFor roster cuts weekend, teams must put in their waiver claims by 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, September 2. The NFL will announce which teams were awarded which players shortly thereafter. HAMILTON, Ontario (AP) — More than 50 years after taking his first football coaching gig, Jerry Glanville sees the light at the end of the tunnel like only he can.Glanville is completing his first season as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ defensive coordinator after serving as a guest coach in 2017. The Ticats face the Ottawa Redblacks in the East Division final Sunday after beating the B.C. Lions 48-8 in the conference semifinal.“When I took this job my wife (Brenda) asked, ‘How long do you think you’ll stay there?'” Glanville said straight-faced before delivering the punch line with a broad smile. “I said, ‘No longer than 15 years.’“I love it (in CFL), I love everything about it. It’s great fun, great players, the players play hard. It’s just been totally great experience.”He’s appeared in movies, driven race cars and served as a television football analyst. But make no mistake, Glanville — a former linebacker at Northern Michigan University — is a football coach and always will be.“Coaches coach and preachers preach, they take that to the box,” Glanville said. “I’ll be coaching when they put me in the box.“When I was doing TV, Waylon Jennings told me, ‘Quit TV tomorrow. You know more football than anybody. Don’t you dare die without teaching it, don’t you dare die with the music inside you.’ Watching coaches grow and players play is why you never say Golden Tate III Jersey White , ‘I’m done.'”Glanville, a Detroit native who calls Knoxville, Tennessee, home, took his first coaching job in 1967 as Western Kentucky’s defensive coordinator. He spent 20 seasons in the NFL, including nine as a head coach with Houston (1985-89) and Atlanta (1990-93).It was with the Oilers that Glanville coined the now famous phrase, “NFL means ‘not for long,'” while chewing out an official for a bad call. Glanville often stands on the sideline dressed in black with sunglasses, he’s left tickets at will call for the late Elvis Presley and rubbed many people — most notably former Pittsburgh coach Chuck Noll — the wrong way with his words and antics.“You can’t try to live forever, try to live the moment,” Glanville said. “The brave and courageous don’t live forever but those who aren’t never get to live at all. A cat is supposed to have nine lives and I think I’m down to about four. I’ve been very blessed.”The Hamilton job reunited Glanville with Ticats head coach June Jones. Glanville was on the Falcons‘ staff when Jones was a quarterback with the club (1977-81) and the two have worked together in both the NFL (Houston and Atlanta) and NCAA (Hawaii).But the CFL presented challenges for Glanville, none bigger than its unlimited motion.“You have to be smart enough to throw out a lot of your American coverages,” he said. “In the U.S. I’m a full bump-and-run teacher but I don’t full press bump and run anybody that’s off the line. I treat the motion guy like he’s a slotback off the line, then I add four yards in my depth to cover them. You know what? There’s a lot of bump-and-run people playing in the NFL that couldn’t cover anybody up here. It’s different.”Hamilton finished the regular season ranked third against the pass (247.7 yards per game) and fewest yards allowed (334.3), fourth in rushing yards (101.6), sixth in offensive points allowed (23.6 per game) and eighth in sacks (31). On Sunday against B.C., the unit surrendered just 319 total yards and one touchdown while defensive back Frankie Williams registered a pick-six.However Marvin Jones Jr Jersey , Glanville takes no credit for that performance.“What I tell them (players) is the biggest difference between American and Canadian football is nothing,” he said. “It’s still who hits who in the mouth, who gang tackles, who hustles. It’s your attitude, it’s how you play. I don’t take credit for one thing we do and I shouldn’t because I don’t deserve it. There’s never a game where our guys don’t spill their guts and that’s the fun of it.”Linebacker Larry Dean, who had 106 tackles this season and is a finalist for the CFL’s top defensive player award, calls Glanville a “football historian,” who delivers sometimes very colorful messages.“I can’t repeat some of them,” Dean said. “We’re just trying to get as much knowledge from him as we can. He has different philosophies, different ways to look at things and I just find it interestingto pick his brain and get the skin and bones of it.”Glanville credits assistant Ticats head coach Orlondo Steinauer with helping him learn the nuances of Canadian football. But Glanville gushes about the work defensive backs coach Williams Fields and former Ticat Craig Butler, now the team’s special-teams and defensive assistant, have done.However football isn’t what defines Glanville, who’s rubbed elbows with such big-name entertainers as Jennings, Johnny Cash and Burt Reynolds.“I was with Johnny Cash when he was dying,” Glanville said. “When I walked over to see him I said, ‘Gee Johnny, how you doing Kerry Hyder Jersey White ,’ and he said, ‘I’ve got Parkinson’s and it ain’t funny.’ Waylon Jennings was playing the guitar when I saw him and I said, ‘Waylon, you’re playing the blues.’ He looked at me and said, ‘Coach, sooner or later we all go back to the blues.'”But Glanville took Reynolds’ death in September at the age of 82 especially hard. The two worked together in the ’17 film The Last Movie Star and became close friends.“He taught you humility,” Glanville said. “People would line up three blocks for autographs and he never turned anyone down, he never treated anyone badly, he signed every autograph and spoke to every single person. He was bent over and had a hard time walking but he’d never take a double. He was just that type of guy.”Like Glanville, Reynolds also enjoyed pushing the envelope when he could.“The movie premiere was in Knoxville, because most of it was shot there,” Glanville said. “Burt is onstage with the producer and director and they’re taking questions. So this guy asks what Burt thought about the people of Tennessee. Burt looked at him and said, ‘The first thing we’ve got to realize is we all don’t have a chance to live in Georgia.’ Now who else would do that? The crowd cheered. Anybody else would’ve been booed off the stage.”

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz