Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 98 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

28.12.2018 06:23
MINSK, Belarus - Thats more of what everyone expected from Team Canada. [url=http://www.suomiairmax.com/]Nike Air Max Ale[/url] Antworten

MINSK, Belarus - Thats more of what everyone expected from Team Canada. Nike Air Max Ale . Not just the three goals in seven minutes in the third period, but a better effort in a 4-1 victory over Slovakia on Saturday at the world hockey championship than Canada showed in a stunning shootout loss to France. "Our team was much better tonight than it was last night for longer periods of time," coach Dave Tippett said. "We were harder on the forecheck, harder at the net. ... We put a lot of pressure on that veteran group today to make sure this gets done tonight and thats why its good to see the guys do it." That veteran group was led by Joel Ward, who scored twice, and Cody Hodgson and Kevin Bieksa, who each scored once in a game that was tied 1-1 until early in the third period. Those players arent seasoned internationally, but theyve been part of plenty of NHL games and came up big when Canada was in danger of losing two straight to start this tournament for the first time since pro players started going in 1977. A lack of familiarity between teammates contributed to the loss in the opener and there was some disjointed play early on against Slovakia. But Hodgson doesnt think that should be an excuse or that the expectations should be lowered for this Team Canada. "Its not something that were used to, losing, especially early on," he said. "Were Canadian hockey players and thats what we were born to do. It shouldnt take too long to get accustomed to each other." It will take some more time before things are perfect on that front, but its a process that will continue with Mondays game against the Czech Republic and beyond. Tippett sees improvement shift-by-shift. "The players, youre starting to find rhythms, find roles," he said. "They know when theyre going out there, they know situations that they play in. So they get more comfortable, they get more comfortable with the team game." One way to make Canadas team game work is to simply play five-on-five. Through two games, this team hasnt given up a goal at even strength, but after bad penalties against France, another parade to the penalty box led to Karol Slobodas power-play goal at 12:24 of the second period. Canada took three penalties in the second period, which was again problematic. "Its definitely a different game," Ward said. "It took us adjusting for sure. Its a different style. Were not used to the wide rink." What Canadian hockey players are used to doing on the international stage is putting up goals in bunches. Ward tied the score at 1 at the 17:24 mark of the second by tipping Jason Garrisons shot past Czech goaltender Jan Laco, and his first goal in a Team Canada jersey provided a spark. Hodgson scored what turned out to be the game-winner 7:07 into the third period, taking a pass from Nazem Kadri and beating Laco with a perfect shot from between the faceoff circles. Bieksa piled on with a goal that tipped up and over Laco and in at 17:56, then Ward put the icing on at 18:49. "I think we started to get a few bounces," Tippett said. "We had some great chances early, didnt capitalize. Its nice to see things even out in the end. It gives players confidence. Everybody worked hard tonight. Its good to see players get rewarded, even though it was late." It took until the third period before this Team Canada could breathe easy, but once Laco started wearing down and goaltender Ben Scrivens stayed strong in making 23 saves on 24 shots, the floodgates opened to make it look like more of a lopsided game than it really was. "I dont think were going to blow teams out," Scrivens said. "This was a tighter game than the score showed, but we stuck with it and thats what were going to have to do all tournament, I think." By the end, Canada was having fun after a night in which it dealt with plenty of jeers from a mostly pro-Slovak crowd at Chizhovka-Arena. "Any time youre winning, its always a good time," Ward said. "Regardless if youre up by one or two or four, youre excited to be winning." NOTES — Scrivens started the second game of the tournament as planned after James Reimer played against France based on seniority. ... Sean Monahan played more in the first two periods than he did the entire game against France as he split time with Mark Scheifele as the fourth-line centre. Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Nike Air Max Osta .Inter Milan and Napoli also advanced to ensure there will be at least three Italian clubs in the last 32 of Europes secondary competition.Spurs victory, secured by Benjamin Stamboulis 49th-minute winner, was overshadowed by a succession of pitch invasions that forced the referee to halt the game after 41 minutes. Nike Air Max Kengät . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. http://www.suomiairmax.com/ . The best round belonged to Pat Perez. Tiger Woods didnt come close to claiming either Thursday in the Farmers Insurance Open, where the seven-time champion failed to break par in the opening round for first time in his career.MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks. "If I get a call, I will definitely offer my services," said Abdul-Jabbar, the franchises career leading scorer with 14,211 points. "Theres nothing on the table right now. A couple of people have asked me and if I had the chance to be part of this franchise again, I would take it." In December, former Sen. Herb Kohl announced he would seek minority investors in the team, which he has owned since 1985. The franchise is at something of a crossroads, struggling to draw large crowds to an aging building. The Bucks beat Utah 114-88 on Monday, but have the leagues worst record at 12-47. Still, Abdul-Jabbar sees Milwaukee as a viable NBA market. "They have to get their business model right," Abdul-Jabbar said Monday. "I hope that the Bucks are able to sort it all out and get on a good footing. You cant win it all unless you get the right players and you cant get the right players unless youre really in a good position as a business." Abdul-Jabbar was in town in part to promote a new tourism ad for the state of Wisconsin that played off his acting role in the movie "Airplane." Over the last few years, Abdul-Jabbar has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA as a coach. Hes worked as a special assistant with teams such as the Clippers aand Lakers. Nike Air Max Halvalla. . Abdul-Jabbar -- then Lew Alcindor -- was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1969 NBA draft and immediately turned the Bucks, coming off their expansion season, into contenders. Milwaukee went 56-26 and finished second in the Eastern Division behind Abdul-Jabbars 28.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game. Not long after the season ended, the Bucks obtained Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the NBA Finals, becoming the fastest expansion franchise to win a championship in the history of major professional sports. The Bucks returned to the Finals in 1974, losing to Boston in seven games. Robertson would retire just before the 74-75 season and Abdul-Jabbar quietly requested a trade, looking for a bigger market and the chance to join another contender. "They appreciated that and they appreciated that I kept my mouth shut about it," he said. "I gave them the opportunity to approach other teams and they figured out the best deal they could make for themselves." Abdul-Jabbar got his wish in June 1975, when he was shipped to the Lakers in a deal that included Junior Bridgeman going to Milwaukee. Both players have had their jerseys retired by the franchise. Bridgeman, who was honoured by the team last week, also has been mentioned as a possible investor. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz