Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

29.12.2018 06:45
TORONTO - Josh Johnson is headed to the disabled list with tightness in his right forearm, putting into doubt the remainder of w Antworten

TORONTO - Josh Johnson is headed to the disabled list with tightness in his right forearm, putting into doubt the remainder of what has been a miserable season for the big right-hander. Russ Smith College Jersey . The move, announced less than 90 minutes before the start of Tuesdays game against the Red Sox, came as a surprise considering manager John Gibbons mentioned only hours earlier his pitcher would be ready to make Wednesdays start. "I felt good coming into today," said Johnson. "Everything was getting better and better each day and then all of a sudden today I kind of felt the same thing. I dont know where it came from. Before the last start it was the best Id felt in three years, probably." The problem began during that start in Seattle. Johnson experienced tightness but ground through five innings, enough to secure just his second win of the year. The pain lingered for a couple of days before subsiding. The tightness returned while Johnson was playing catch during batting practice on Tuesday afternoon. He insists its a muscle problem and doesnt believe the matter is related to the Tommy John ligament replacement surgery he had in 2007. When asked to point to where the pain was emanating, Johnson directed eyes toward the base of the forearm. By way of contrast, Brandon Morrows tightness was on top of his forearm. Hes since been diagnosed with an entrapped nerve and prescribed rest. General manager Alex Anthopoulos hastily called together reporters and announced right-hander Thad Weber would be recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. Either Weber or Esmil Rogers will make Wednesdays start. "Not right now," said Anthopoulos, when asked if one of Ricky Romero or prospects Marcus Stroman or Sean Nolin would be considered to take Johnsons place. "Weve talked about all of them, I guess, at various times. Not for now but that could change at any time. "Right now, especially with the way its lined up and we need a starter for (Wednesday,) its as much about whos on turn at this point." What this setback means for Johnsons season isnt clear. His stint on the disabled list can be backdated to August 7 but its difficult to envision a scenario which would have Johnson back by the 22nd. With less than seven weeks left in the season and with a rehab stint likely required before a return to the big league mound, assuming Johnson gets healthy, the calendar is not his friend. "Its been tough," Johnson said of his season, which includes only 16 starts, two wins and a 6.20 ERA. "Still got to find a way to get back out on the mound. Thats the only good part about it, is being out there. Even though I was struggling I was out there, I felt great when I was out there so its very frustrating." RASMUS INJURED Colby Rasmus "tweaked" his left oblique on a check swing during Sundays game against Oakland and missed a second-straight game. "I sneezed this morning and I felt it, which is not a good thing," said Rasmus. "But coughing it dont bother me and just doing regular rotations its fine but when this side goes down its in my hip is when I feel it." The Blue Jays are holding out hope Rasmus can return to the lineup, possibly as early as Wednesday, but a stint on the disabled list seems just as likely a reality. Oblique injuries, as Brett Lawrie, Brandon Morrow and Rajai Davis can attest, have a tendency to linger. During periods of rest theres no pain but when baseball activities resume, problems can recur. Manager John Gibbons says the club wont wait long to make a decision if Rasmus continues to have problems through the week. "We cant let it linger," he said. Authentic Louisville Jerseys . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. Cheap Louisville Gear . The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. http://www.cheaplouisvillejerseys.com/ . As if the individual strands of grey hair or the increasing amount of joint pain werent reminders enough, the impending end of Jeters career is a slap-in-the-face indicator of a generations fleeting youth.CALGARY -- An ugly goal for the Calgary Flames and goaltender Reto Berra was a thing of beauty for the desperate Edmonton Oilers. From near the corner and below the goal line, David Perron flung the puck towards the net, banking it off Berras shoulder and in for the go-ahead goal as Edmonton snapped a five-game losing streak Saturday night with a 4-2 come-from-behind victory over the Calgary Flames. Boyd Gordon capped the scoring into an empty net as the Oilers stormed back with four unanswered goals in the third period to steal the first of five meetings between the provincial rivals. "Id be kidding if I said I knew I would score but I saw a little bit of room, I put it there and it was in the net so it felt good," said Perron. Just over two minutes earlier, the Oilers tied the game 2-2 on another strange one. Sam Gagners shot deflected off Flames defenceman Dennis Wideman and fluttered high in the air. While Berra couldnt find it, Ales Hemsky batted it in from out of mid-air for his first goal in 12 games. Edmonton started its comeback at 3:41 when Jordan Eberle, who was uncovered in the slot, took a drop pass from Taylor Hall and ripped a shot over Berras blocker. The three-goal barrage happened in a span of 6:42 and came on four shots. "We gave them two goals out of three," said Flames coach Bob Hartley, visibly unhappy. "After 40 minutes, I felt that we gave them nothing. We were playing our style. Then, their first goal and third goal, theres only one word for those two goals - awful." Edmonton (5-15-2), which began the night in last place in the NHL, won for just the second time in its last 12 (2-9-1). Sean Monahan and Wideman scored for Calgary (6-11-3). The Flames are winless in their last six, and are 0-4-1 in their last five games at the Scotiabank Saddledome. "We have a lot of pressure on us from our team itself, from the organization, from the fans, they expect us to win and when youre not winning, it kills the confidence on your team," said Eberle. "You start making plays that youre not used to making, you start squeezing the stick and you start not playing as a team." Eberle himself had been in a lengthy slump with just one goal in his previous 12 games. "Momentum is a huge thing in this game. When things arent going, you sometimes get pissed off and try to do things yourself and thats when things start breaking down even more," said Eberle. "So when you finally get rewarded and get some confidence, were going to use that." Oilers coach Dallas Eakins says the smallest of things can turn around a teams fortunes and he hopes thiss result will provide that boost for his team. Lamar Jackson College Jersey. He used Philadelphias recent 3-0-1 run as an example. "We were in a close game with them. We end up losing the game, they had been on the down and out and it seemed like every time I look at the scoreboard lately, theyve been winning," Eakins said. "When you get that winning feeling again, its contagious. Just like when you have that losing feeling, its contagious too." The first of five meetings between the provincial rivals featured the teams ranked 13th and 14th in the Western Conference. The Flames remain three points up on Oilers, although they are 12 points back of a playoff spot. "Great start. In the first two periods, I thought we were the better team. Then, in 10 or 12 minutes, we lost the game, so thats really disappointing and nobody in this locker-room can be happy," said former Oilers defenceman Ladislav Smid. "We have to learn how to finish those kind of games. We knew they have lots of talent over there. We should have just played the same game for 60 minutes, no matter what happened." Devan Dubnyk had a great night for the Oilers making 33 saves to improve to 4-10-1. It comes on the same night that newly signed Ilya Bryzgalov picked up a win in his second AHL conditioning start, allowing only one goal in Oklahoma Citys 4-1 victory over Abbotsford. Making his sixth start in the last seven games, Berra had 19 saves to fall to 1-4-1. Calgary took a 2-0 lead at 17:08 of the second period on a rocket off the stick of Wideman. Dubnyk never saw it as he was screened on the play by Lee Stempniak. Sean Monahan gave the Flames a 1-0 lead at 12:23. It was the first goal in seven games for Calgarys 2013 first round draft pick and just his second in the last 12 after he started the season with six in his first eight. It also marked the first time Calgary held a lead after the first period in three weeks. In the previous eight games, the Flames had been outscored 11-1 in the opening 20 minutes. The game began with a throwback to the old days of the Battle of Alberta as heavyweights Brian McGrattan and Luke Gazdic squared off in a lengthy fight that fired up the crowd. Notes: Healthy scratches for Calgary were RW Tim Jackman and D Sean OBrien... LW Ryan Jones was not in the line-up for Edmonton... After several years of Calgary domination, Edmonton has won five of the last seven games between the two teams ... Flames LW TJ Galiardi hasnt scored in his last 18 games. Also slumping is D TJ Brodie, who has no points in his last eight games... For Edmonton, Nugent-Hopkins has one goal in his last 13 games. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz