Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 100 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

10.01.2019 07:54
ANAHEIM – Erik Kratz is back with the Blue Jays for a third time, recalled on Wednesday when the club placed outfielder Cole Gil Antworten

ANAHEIM – Erik Kratz is back with the Blue Jays for a third time, recalled on Wednesday when the club placed outfielder Cole Gillespie on the disabled list with an abdominal strain. Jordan 6 Clearance . Now 34 years old and with approximately a year-and-a-half of major league service time under his belt, Kratz is veteran enough to understand the ins and outs of baseballs business. "At different points in your career, you figure out how to deal with certain things and you figure out that baseball moves need to be made," said Kratz. "But Ill be honest. I was disappointed to be down there. I wasnt happy-go-lucky but I wasnt going to allow that to affect my play." Kratz worked with R.A. Dickey throughout spring training, catching each of his Grapefruit League appearances in an attempt to become comfortable receiving the knuckleball. He made sense as the second catcher behind Dioner Navarro, a right-handed bat with some pop. He lost out to Josh Thole, Dickeys personal catcher dating back to their days in New York. Kratz acknowledged his disappointment. "The first time I got sent down this year, I let it affect my play," said Kratz. Manager John Gibbons is a vocal supporter of Kratzs. The catchers most recent option to Buffalo, on June 23, wasnt a reflection of his performance. The Jays had just lost Brett Lawrie to a fractured finger and Jose Bautista to hamstring tightness. Carrying three catchers on the roster was no longer viable. He followed his teammates struggles from a distance, hitting .405 for the Bisons dating back to June 29, and wished he could help. "It was frustrating knowing I could be up here helping the team," said Kratz. "Everybody thinks they should be up here but when you get sent down, its all about how you respond mentally so that when they do call you back up, youre ready to play." Kratz describes a positive attitude in Buffalo. Like any Triple-A club, its mixed with young hopefuls whove tasted the big leagues, Anthony Gose and Kevin Pillar come to mind, and veterans like Dan Johnson, who are hoping for another opportunity. "If your attitude in Triple-A is I shouldnt be here, well, take a number," Thats something that can happen a lot in Triple A. That mentality can infect a clubhouse, that mentality of I should be up there. Oh, really? Should you really? How good did you do the last time up there? If you were 10-for-your-last-10, Im sure they wouldnt have sent you down." Offence Coming Around? Hitting coach Kevin Seitzer is seeing progress. After his charges were held to four runs in a four-game sweep at the hands of the Athletics, Seitzer is hopeful the Jays bats have turned a corner in Anaheim, reflected in a four-run, 14-hit performance on Tuesday evening. "I felt like our at-bats the first night here were better too and then (Tuesday) night they were really, really good," said Seitzer. "I mean we played a very solid, well-rounded game of baseball. Offence, defence, pitching, the whole deal came together (Tuesday) night." "The message that I really tried to drive home in our advanced meeting is weve got to focus on getting our singles," said Seitzer. "Thats what got us going in May was trying to single teams to death and stay in the middle of the field and take what the pitcher gives you and try and beat shifts and have team at-bats and really just focus on getting our base hits." Jays Miss Lawrie Anyone who doubted Brett Lawries importance to the Blue Jays lineup has been silenced by his absence. The club misses his gold-glove caliber third base and his ability to move to second base seamlessly, to say nothing of his bat behind the middle of the order. Lawries hit a career-high 12 home runs and was slugging .419 at the time of his injury. With Lawrie and Edwin Encarnacion both on the disabled list and no suitable replacements to be found, the established players who remain in the lineup are pressing and its part of the reason the offence is slumping. "I think thats been a big part of it right there," said hitting coach Kevin Seitzer. "With Brett Lawries intensity and passion and the energy that he brings not only to the lineup but to the dugout and the defence throughout the game, you know, we lost that. That was a big hit for us just from an energy standpoint. The guy plays with more heart or passion probably than anyone Ive ever been around." Lawrie suffered a fractured right index finger when he was hit by a Johnny Cueto pitch on June 22 in Cincinnati. His injury requires a healing period of three to six weeks. Jordan Retro 6 Canada . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium. Jordan 6 Canada Outlet .com) - Driphus Jackson had three touchdown passes, including two in a 19-second span in the opening quarter, to guide Rice to a 30-6 rout of Fresno State at the Hawaii Bowl. http://www.cheapairjordan6canada.com/ . On Thursday, a judge said Varlamov could be released if he posted $5,000 bond and be allowed to travel with the team but he was ordered to stay away from his girlfriend, among other restrictions.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- David Freese is starting to pick up his run production, which is something the Los Angeles Angels have been waiting half a season to see. Freese hit a two-run double, Matt Shoemaker pitched in and out of trouble for six innings, and the Angels beat the Houston Astros 5-2 Thursday night in the opener of a four-game series. Freese has six RBIs in his last five games, two more than he had in the previous 27 games in which he had an at-bat. "Weve been talking about David for a while, and we need him," said manager Mike Scioscia, who has kept Freese in the bottom third of the batting order since June 17. "Hes a guy that potentially deepens the middle of your lineup. He hasnt gotten off to a good start, and were at the halfway point. "Hopefully hes finding a comfort level. I think the last 30 or so at-bats hes been driving the ball a little bit better." Shoemaker (6-2) allowed two runs, seven hits and three walks, and worked with runners on base in every inning. The right-hander, who began the season in the bullpen, gave up eight runs and 11 hits in four innings on Friday in a loss at Kansas City. He had been 5-0 with a 3.00 ERA in his seven previous starts this season. "It was a successful outing, but a little bit of a struggle," Shoemaker said. "I had to make some big pitches to get out of some jams, and the defence picked me up huge, making some big plays. It was a positive thing to bounce back from that outing to this one." Shoemaker had seven strikeouts against the Astros, giving him 57 through his first 10 big league starts. That broke the franchise record of 56 set by Bo Belinsky in 1962. "He has it in his game, thats for sure," Scioscia said. "If you look at his career in the minor leagues, he has struck out his share of guys. But you never know how a guys stuff is going to play in the major leagues until he gets an opportunity. "Shoe definitely has some out pitches and some pitches that he can get strikeouts with. But the best games hes going to throw are going to be the ones where hes in the zone early with good stuff and changing speeds and maybe getting some easier outs. He had to work hard to get through six innings." Jason Grilli, obtained from Pittsburgh on Friday, pitched a scoreless eighth in his home debut, and Joe Smith worked a hitless ninth for his 10th save. The Angels have won seven straight at home, their longest streak since another seven-game stretch in August 2006. Brett Oberrholtzer (2-7) gave up five runs, nine hits and three walks over 6 1-3 innings in his third start since getting recalled from Triple-A on June 28. Jordan 6 Canada. He was 0-6 with a 5.68 ERA in his first seven starts before back-to-back victories over Seattle and Baltimore. After the game, he was optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Oberholtzer was bailed out by inning-ending double plays in the second and third innings, after giving up Howie Kendricks RBI single in the first. Mike Trout was doubled off second base in the third after rookie left fielder Enrique Hernandez made a diving catch of Albert Pujols sinking liner, but the Angels scored four runs in the fourth to grab a 5-2 lead. C.J. Cron tied it with an RBI single, and Freese doubled to right-centre, the fourth straight one-out hit. Freese scored on Chris Iannettas sac fly. Houston took a 2-1 lead in the third. Jose Altuve doubled after a leadoff walk to No. 9 hitter Marwin Gonzalez, Jason Castro singled off the glove of first baseman Pujols to drive in the Astros first run, and Altuve scored on a grounder by Springer. Shoemaker retired Dominguez on a double-play grounder after a walk to Singleton. "Its just tough, not scoring runs when you have situations with men on base early in the game where you can jump on a team," designated hitter Chris Carter said. "Were in a little rough patch now, but I think well be better the rest of the series." Altuve, who had three hits, leads the AL in batting (.347) and stolen bases (37). The only players who finished a season atop the league in both categories were Ty Cobb (1909, 1911 and 1917), George Sisler (1922), Snuffy Stirnweiss (1945) and Ichiro Suzuki (2001). "Hes definitely a phenomenal hitter and hes tough to get out, so you have to mess up his timing and make good pitches," Shoemaker said. NOTES: Scioscia earned his 1,281st regular-season victory, tying Whitey Herzog for 34th place on baseballs career list. Scioscia reached the mark in 57 fewer games. ... RHP Josh Fields will be reinstated from the disabled list on Friday to fill Oberholtzers roster spot. ... It was the 44th anniversary of the first no-hitter at the "Big A," thrown by Clyde Wright against Oakland. ... The Astros are tied with the Arizona Diamondbacks for the majors worst record (36-51). ... Houston is 0 for 44 when trailing after eight innings. ... The Astros became the final team this season to draw one million spectators on the road. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz