Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

31.01.2019 06:59
On the NHL side, the league may look to have the lawsuit kicked out of court on the basis that it doesnt belong in court but rat Antworten

TORONTO -- Ricky Ray and Curtis Steele proved to be too much for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Chase Utley Jersey . Ray threw four TD passes while Steele ran for 92 yards and scored two touchdowns to power the Toronto Argonauts to a 38-21 home win over Winnipeg on Tuesday night. Ray finished 26-of-33 passing for 297 yards to earn Toronto (3-4) its second straight victory for a four-point lead atop the East Division. Steele anchored a solid ground attack that recorded 174 yards against a Winnipeg defence playing its second game in five nights. "It (rushing attack) was big," Ray said. "They were coming off a short week . . . at the end of the game when it was still tight, for us to be able to run like we did and kind of wear them out really helped us." Steele ran 10 times and had a 19-yard touchdown and also added two catches for 27 yards, including a 15-yard TD grab. He platooned with former NFLer Steve Slaton, who added 66 yards rushing but also lost two fumbles. "We went into the game thinking it was going to be a battle between the lines," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "It was great to be able to run the football like we did. "We felt like we needed that to win the game." Steele, in his second season with Toronto, has been a solid runner with 318 yards on just 35 carries (9.0-yard average) with three TDs. But the Argos cant move him into the backfield full-time because hes also a contributor on special teams. "Man, thats tough," Steele said when asked if hed like more carries. "Im a valuable player on the special-teams unit and I take pride in that . . . but yeah, Id like more carries as a running back. "But Im OK, I know my role . . . we have a package deal going with me and Steve and I just really try to take advantage of my opportunity." However it was sweet redemption for Toronto, which dropped a season-opening 45-21 loss in Winnipeg. And Ray engineered the impressive victory without regular receivers Andre Durie (clavicle), Chad Owens (foot), Jason Barnes (knee), John Chiles (hamstring) and heralded rookie Anthony Coombs (shoulder). Ray threw to 10 different receivers Tuesday night with newcomer Robert Gill having the most catches (six) and veteran Spencer Watt recording the most yards (56). "The thing is weve been playing together for a few weeks now and its really starting to show," Ray said. "I just feel like our execution has been getting better in practice and guys are getting a little bit more comfortable with each other and were able to execute." Toronto doesnt have much time to relish the victory, before an announced season-high Rogers Centre gathering of 18,106. The Argos return to action Sunday night hosting the B.C. Lions (4-3). Milanovich said it was important his team build off its 31-5 road win over Montreal on Aug. 1. However, Milanovich wasnt pleased the Argos were flagged 17 times for 122 yards in penalties. Winnipeg wasnt much better, called 14 times for 114 yards in a very chippy contest. "Its very difficult particularly when youre banged up because what youd love to do is replace guys and send the next guy in but theres no one to put in," Milanovich said. "You expect some of that from (new) guys who are playing but I dont expect that from our veterans and there were a number of them that were our veterans. "If we continue to do it were not going to be a good football team. All I know is to keep coaching it and if someone needs to be replaced well deal with it." Winnipeg (5-3) suffered its second straight loss following a 23-17 home defeat to Saskatchewan on Thursday. The result also spoiled Bombers coach Mike OSheas return to Rogers Centre. OShea spent 16 seasons as a player and coach with Toronto -- winning four Grey Cups -- before being hired by Winnipeg in the off-season. But OShea also was unhappy with how many penalties his team took. "Its an easy answer, you dont want to give up those yards," he said. "Those hurt you." Ray cemented the victory with a 32-yard touchdown pass to Watt that rounded out the scoring at 11:35 of the fourth. Ray put Toronto ahead 28-21 just 58 seconds into the quarter with a 15-yard toss to Steele after Cleyon Laing recovered former Argo Romby Bryants fumble at the Winnipeg 49-yard line. Winnipeg quarterback Drew Willy hit Bryant on a 76-yard touchdown pass the very next series but it was negated by a hands-to-the-face penalty on the Bombers. Willy didnt feel that call was the difference even though Swayze Waters 18-yard field goal at 6:51 boosted Torontos head to 31-21. "Its just one of those plays, you have to rebound better from adversity," he said. "Anytime you go up against Ricky Ray, youve got to put up the yards." Neither Willy nor Winnipegs defence did that. Willy finished 23-of-31 passing for 193 yards and two TDs despite being sacked five times while the Bombers finished with 232 net yards, compared to 462 yards for Toronto. "Torontos defence is a talented group, Im not sure how they were coming at me," Willy said. "There were times I didnt get the ball out quicker and others when the 12 of us werent on the same page." Nic Grigsbys eight-yard TD run at 6:32 of the third pulled Winnipeg into a 21-21 tie, set up by the Bombers recovering the first Slaton fumble at the Toronto 20-yard line. Maurice Mann and Zander Robinson also had TDs for Toronto. Waters kicked four converts and a field goal. Cory Watson and Rory Kohlert had other Winnipegs touchdowns. Lirim Hajrullahu added three converts. Two late Ray TD strikes 1:18 apart anchored a 21-point second-quarter outburst that earned Toronto a 21-14 half-time advantage. Ray hit Robinson with a six-yard touchdown pass at 14:57, set up by a 26-yard Hajrullahu punt that put Toronto at the Winnipeg 43-yard line. Rays 15-yard TD pass to Mann at 13:39 made it 14-14, capping a six-play, 62-yard march. It was a solid answer to Kohlerts sensational 21-yard touchdown grab at 10:45, set up by Troy Stoudemires 61-yard punt return. Steele made it 7-7 at 3:06 with his 19-yard TD run. Winnipeg took its opening possession 63 yards on six plays, with Willy hitting Watson with an eight--yard scoring strike at 6:06 of the first. Chris Taylor Jersey . Prado stuck his glove down with Colorados Charlie Blackmon sliding into the bag, and quickly jumped back in pain after applying the tag. Prado held his left wrist as trainers came out of the Diamondbacks dugout to check him. Yasiel Puig Jersey . You can catch all of the action LIVE on TSN2 at 6pm et/3pm pt. The Heat reached that mark Saturday night when they ruined the Philadelphia 76ers home opener. http://www.authenticdodgersgear.com/dodgers-kirk-gibson-jersey/ .K. Subban and Matt Duchene will be the two skaters sitting out the teams opening game.Well its finally happened. Ten retired players are suing the NHL in a class action lawsuit alleging that the league didnt do enough to protect their brains. Gary Leeman, Rick Vaive, Brad Aitken, Darren Banks, Curt Bennett, Richie Dunn, Warren Holmes, Bob Manno, Blair Stewart and Morris Titanic retained the law firm Silverman Thompson Slutkin & White and filed their lawsuit on Monday. This lawsuit is not a surprise, and most certainly is not a surprise to the NHL. The league is run by lawyers (Gary Bettman and Bill Daly) and its likely they have been anticipating a court action for some time. When I interviewed Bill Daly on my radio show in May of this year, I asked him if the league was concerned about the possibility of a concussion lawsuit like we saw in the NFL. This was his response: "Certainly, were aware of them, and aware of the industry in which we operate. You have to be cognizant of whats going on around you. Im a lawyer by training, so I follow legal developments and certainly thats a legal development...Having said that, I dont think litigation per se can direct your business strategy. I think its similar to what we were talking about before. You have to do what is right. Obviously, we feel there is an obligation on the part of the league office to make the game as safe as it can be without changing the culture of the game. Part of the attractiveness of our sport as an entertainment product is the contact nature of our sport. You dont want to take contact out. At the same time, if you can minimize injuries and make it safer for the players, you try to do that." On to the lawsuit. The key allegation raised by the players is concealment. The players are arguing that the league knew of the long-term neurological impact of repeated headshots and elected not to share that information with the players. By not revealing that information, players did not have an opportunity to make an informed decision about playing in the NHL. So the focal point of this lawsuit has less to do with the players knowing the risk, playing and complaining after the fact. Rather, the pivotal issue is whether the league concealed information. Do the players have a case? That is tough to say since everything turns on the evidence. However, this is not an easy lawsuit for the players. They will have an number of hurdles to overcome. First is the issue of causation. In order to get paid, the plaintiffs like Vaive and Leeman are going to have to show that the brain damage they suffered was caused at the NHL level. On the flip side, the NHL will point out that no one can say for sure what caused a players neurological condition, and even if it was caused by repeated headshots while playing hockey, how much of that damage was sustained while in the NHL and not in places like the AHL, WHL or Europe. Kenta Maeda Jersey. So what caused the damage and when it was caused become critically important issues. Leeman played about 660 regular season NHL games. He also played 357 games outside the NHL. Will he be able to make a convincing case that even if the NHL concealed information, his neurological impairment was caused at the NHL level? What kind of chance does Warren Holmes have of proving the NHL caused his damage when he only played 45 regular season NHL games while playing in 737 games outside the league? And what about Morris Titanic, who played just 19 NHL games. The league will also take the position that it didnt conceal any information. Rather, they will argue that there wasnt any conclusive science at the time and they had the same information the players had. Basically, they will say we knew what you knew. That being the case, the league will then maintain that the players were aware of the risk associated with playing hockey based on the science at that time, and agreed to those risks each time they stepped onto the ice. This legal principle is called informed consent (which makes sense since thats a nice way to describe it). The NHL could also argue that this lawsuit doesnt belong in court in the first place, but rather should go to arbitration. The collective bargaining agreement provides that issues of player health and safety go to arbitration and not court. On the flip side, the players could take the position that since this case involves fraud, it properly falls outside of arbitration and within the jurisdiction of the courts. So the bottom line is this: the players will need to provide good evidence showing that the league concealed the harmful impact of repeated headshots. If they dont have that evidence, they will have a very difficult time. On top of that, they will need to deal with the very tricky issue of causation. As far as next steps, it would not be a surprise to see more players join the lawsuit. Indeed, Vaive, Leeman and the other eight plaintiffs will not want to stand alone as there is strength in numbers. They will also look to make splash with a big name player. Ultimately, their goal may be settlement that provides players with some level of monetary relief very much like we saw in the NFL concussion lawsuits. In that case, the sides settled for about $765 million (however, the settlement has not yet been approved by the Court and any player has the option to opt out of the settlement and file his own lawsuit). On the NHL side, the league may look to have the lawsuit kicked out of court on the basis that it doesnt belong in court but rather at arbitration. This lawsuit is just starting and there is still a lot of ground to cover. Stay tuned. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz