Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

13.02.2019 07:14
progressing he is still not fully fit. "Its always difficult to come back," Gasquet said. "You are questioning yourself e Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Trailing by two runs with two men on in the bottom of the ninth inning, Washingtons Jayson Werth worked a 3-0 count against Angels closer Ernesto Frieri. Jaleel Johnson Jersey . Time to take a pitch, right? "I cant imagine anybody thinking that J-Dubs going to swing," Werths teammate Adam LaRoche said. "Surprised all of us." Werth did indeed go after the next pitch, hitting it down the third-base line for a game-tying, two-run double that ended Frieris rough outing. LaRoche then produced an RBI single off the first pitch from Fernando Salas to cap a four-run rally in the ninth, and the Nationals beat the Angels 5-4 Wednesday night to avoid a sweep. "You hit into a double play right there, its probably the worst play youve ever seen," Werth said. "If you get a hit, its the best." Los Angeles led 4-1 entering the ninth, and Frieri (0-2) was seeking his third save. Instead, he left with his second blown chance, charged with all four runs Washington scored in that inning. The Nationals trailed in seven of their 12 wins. "I knew that he was going to swing," Frieri said. "Hes a power guy. So I tried to keep the ball down. But I still missed it right down the middle. ... I mean, today was a mess, man." Still, manager Mike Scioscia indicated he will keep Frieri in the closers role. "He just got a save the other night," Scioscia said. "Its in him. We just need to get him a little more consistent." Part of Frieris problem was failing to put away Jose Lobaton leading off the ninth after getting ahead 0-2. Lobaton hit his first homer of the season. "The spark we needed," Werth said. One out later, Werth made it 4-all. On LaRoches liner to left, Werth beat the throw from Mike Trout, crossed the plate with a fist raised and was greeted by teammates streaming out of the dugout. They then headed over to swarm LaRoche. "He left a fastball up over the plate," LaRoche said. "In that situation, just trying to hit something hard." Drew Storen (2-0) got one out in the ninth for the victory, despite giving up an RBI single to Trout. That hit scored Raul Ibanez, who reached when first baseman LaRoche was charged with an error for dropping the ball while transferring it from his glove to his throwing hand after catching a line drive. "Its one of the worst rules Ive ever heard of. I dont feel like its baseball," LaRoche said. "It doesnt make sense. Its frustrating, especially in a close game where that could have ended up costing us. Hopefully well get that rule changed sooner than later." Trout robbed Bryce Harper of a hit with a headfirst diving catch in the first, then beat a throw home from his fellow 2012 Rookie of the Year to score in the sixth. A night after hitting his 499th and 500th homers, Albert Pujols went 2 for 4 with an RBI double, while Jered Weaver allowed one run in six innings. But the Angels dropped to 10-11, blowing an opportunity to climb above .500 for the first time since they were 1-0 last season. Washingtons Gio Gonzalez gave up two runs over five-plus innings, leaving after only 83 pitches because of what manager Matt Williams called "a little shoulder tightness." "Ordinarily I wouldnt take him out of the game there, but we want to make sure hes OK for our future, too," Williams said. Gonzalez, who also drove in Washingtons first run, said he expects to make his next start. So much attention at the start of this series was on Trout, 22, and Harper, 21, first-round draft picks who were Arizona Fall League teammates in 2011 but hadnt played each other in the majors until Monday. Yanked from a game last weekend for what Williams called "lack of hustle," Harper went from what appeared to be a jog to a sprint when his grounder in the eighth was fumbled by first baseman Pujols, who was charged with an error. "Hes safe at first base. Thats all I care about," Williams said. "Were not asking him to go 100 per cent all the time, as fast as he can possibly go at every single moment. Because not everybody does." NOTES: After a day off, the Angels put LHP C.J. Wilson (2-2, 4.21) on the mound Friday against Yankees RHP Hiroki Kuroda (2-1, 4.07) for the start of a three-game series at New York. ... The Nationals begin a four-game set Thursday against visiting San Diego, with RHP Jordan Zimmermann (1-1, 3.92) facing Padres LHP Eric Stults (1-2, 4.35). Mackensie Alexander Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Adam Thielen Jersey . - For years William Gay kept quiet. http://www.vikingsauthenticshop.com/Vikings-Latavius-Murray-Draft-Jersey/ . The 55th-ranked Istomin saved 11 of 14 break points to win in just over two hours, setting up a second round meeting with Australian Marinko Matosevic. It was the Uzbeks third win in three matches against fifth-seeded Kohlschreiber, the 2007 and 2012 tournament winner.EASTBOURNE, England -- Former champions Caroline Wozniacki and Ekaterina Makarova headed in different directions in the Aegon International quarterfinals on Thursday. Wozniacki, champion in 2009, held off a strong challenge from Camila Giorgi of Italy 6-7 (7), 6-4, 6-2. Makarova, the 2010 champ from Russia, fell to fifth seed Angelique Kerber 6-2, 6-1, with the German avenging her second-round defeat to Makarova last year. Meanwhile, 2011 Wimbledon champ Petra Kvitova withdrew with a right hamstring injury but expects to play in Wimbledon next week. Wozniacki and Giorgi were interrupted in the second set when a spectator was removed from the stands on a stretcher as Giorgi led 4-3 on serve. When play resumed, Giorgi failed to win a break point to lead 5-3 and Wozniacki went on to win three straight games to level at one-set all. Wozniacki remained under pressure in the final set, fighting off two break points before breaking to lead 2-1. A double-fault at 4-2 left Wozniacki serving for victory, and in sight of her first title since October. "It feels good," Wozniacki said of her win. "Game feels in really good shape. Camila played really well. I really had to be focused out there." Kerber fought off four break points just to hold for 1-1 before taking charge against Makarova, breaking twice to take the set. In the second set, she needed four break points to win the first game before once more dominating Makarova. "It was not as easy as the score said, because there were tough rallies," Kerber said. "Shes a ggreat player on grass, so I was just focusing on me, trying to be aggressive and take my chances. Kyle Rudolph Jersey. I did a good job." Kvitovas withdrawal gave British wild card Heather Watson a walkover into the semifinals. Watson will meet Madison Keys, who beat fellow American Lauren Davis, a qualifier, 6-2, 6-1. Wozniacki faces Kerber. Mens top seed Richard Gasquet also reached the semis, beating Slovak Martin Klizan 6-3, 6-4. It is his third semifinal of the year and comes after he was sidelined for more than three months with a back injury. The Frenchman, who claimed the title in 2005 and 2006 when the event was held in Nottingham, broke for 3-1. That was enough to earn him the opening set, and in the second set he again fought off a break point before breaking to lead 4-3. Gasquet is playing only his third tournament since March, and admits that although he is progressing he is still not fully fit. "Its always difficult to come back," Gasquet said. "You are questioning yourself every day on your body. Im not 100 per cent on my game and everything, but Im playing better and better. I served well. I could play with power." Gasquet will next play Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan, who beat Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France 7-6 (5), 6-2. Spanish defending champion Feliciano Lopez will play his quarterfinal against Jeremy Chardy of France on Friday after the match was cancelled overnight due to rain. The winner will play Sam Querrey, also on Friday, after the American beat Frenchman Julien Benneteau 7-6 (5), 6-4. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz