Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

06.03.2019 06:59
CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta said he enjoyed running into some of his old Orioles teammates before Fridays game at Wrigley Field. [ur Antworten

CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta said he enjoyed running into some of his old Orioles teammates before Fridays game at Wrigley Field. Vans Shoes Clearance Sale . Then he had an even better time on the mound, shutting down Baltimore in his first start against his former club. Arrieta held Baltimore to four hits in seven innings and Javier Baez homered again as the Chicago Cubs beat the Orioles 4-1. "There was a little more to it, being your former team," Arrieta said. "You know after the first inning, it was just kind of business as usual. "It was nice to face those guys and see a lot of them again. Its been awhile." The Orioles traded Arrieta to Chicago with reliever Pedro Strop in a multi-player deal during last season. Hes turned into Chicagos ace this season. "A really well-played game all the way around," Chicago manager Rick Renteria said. "The stage was actually set by Jake. Jake did a great job; a phenomenal seven innings of work. Baez hit his sixth homer in his 18th game since getting called up from Triple-A, Luis Valbuena also homered, and Logan Watkins and Arismendy Alcantara each drove in runs with singles as the Cubs snapped AL East leading Baltimores four-game winning streak. Baltimores Nelson Cruz hit his major league-leading 34th homer, a solo shot off Arrieta (7-4) in the seventh. It came on a change-up that Arrieta said "wasnt too bad of a pitch." Cruz wasnt one of Arrietas teammates on the Orioles, but he had faced the right-hander before. "I think he looked more mature," Cruz said. "He has command of all his pitches. He doesnt make many mistakes." Baltimores Kevin Gausman (7-5) allowed three runs on six hits through five innings, He struck out seven. Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his 20th save. Arrieta retired the first 13 Baltimore hitters before Chris Davis lined a solid single to centre with one out in the fifth, one of only two innings when the Orioles managed baserunners against Chicagos 6-foot-4 right-hander. He struck out five and walked only one. Valbuena, batting cleanup with Starlin Castro out due to a family emergency, tied a career-high with his 12th homer that put the Cubs ahead 1-0 in the fourth. Ryan Sweeney doubled one out later, then scored on Watkins single. Baez hit a towering shot just inside the left-field foul pole, on a 3-2 pitch with two out in the fifth to make it 3-0. Cruz ended Arrietas shutout bid with a homer that reached the left field basket. TRAINERS ROOM Orioles: A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that third baseman Manny Machado will "probably" have season-ending surgery on his injured right knee. The person spoke to the AP on Friday under condition of anonymity because there was no official confirmation of Machados plans. A decision was expected this weekend. Yahoo! Sports first reported earlier in the day that the 22-year-old All-Star was likely done for the year. Cubs: RHP Brian Schlitter, on the DL since Aug. 10 (right shoulder inflammation) has resumed throwing and made a relief appearance with the Cubs rookie league affiliate in Mesa, Arizona, on Thursday night. UP NEXT Orioles RHP Bud Norris (11-7, 3.69) faces Cubs RHP Kyle Hendricks (5-1, 1.48) on Saturday at 1:20 p.m. CDT. Hendricks has six straight quality starts since rejoining the Cubs on July 22. NOT O-K Including Fridays game Cubs hitters have struck out 104 times in their last nine games. Baez, a free-swinging rookie had fanned 18 times in 33 at-bats. In his 18 games with Chicago, he has fanned 31 times. "It feels good," Baez said of his homer on Friday. "I know I keep fighting to hit the ball hard. Im not afraid to strike out, so Im just going to keep throwing the bat." Vans Shoes Clearance Outlet . - Pete Rose didnt want it to be about him, not on a day when four new members were elected to baseballs most exclusive club. China Vans Shoes Wholesale . Second-seeded Sloane Stephens of the United States made lighter work of her day as she beat 2009 champion and Swiss wild card Timea Bacsinszky 6-3, 6-3. Two seeds fell: No. 4 Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium lost to Katarzyna Piter of Poland 6-4, 6-2, and No. http://www.vanscheap.net/ . With one penalty, Fourcade finished in 24 minutes, 58.2 seconds, just nine-tenths of a second ahead of Timofey Lapshin, who shot clean in the cold.NEW YORK -- Manny Pacquiao is out to show Timothy Bradley that he still has a "killer instinct." Pacquiao was in New York on Wednesday as part of a media tour to promote his rematch with Bradley on April 12 in Las Vegas. Bradley beat Pacquiao in 2012 in a hotly disputed split decision. At a news conference on Tuesday in southern California, Bradley said the 35-year-old Pacquiao still has skills, but the former welterweight champions "killer instinct is gone." In an interview with The Associated Press, Pacquiao said he takes that as a challenge. "The aggressiveness and killer extinct, I have that, but sometimes Im too nice with my opponent," Pacquiao said. "But this fight he challenged me to do that. But this fight, hell get it." Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KOs) was scheduled to attend the New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden later in the day, and then appear on Keith Olbermanns ESPN show. Pacquiao, who is a congressman back home in the Philippines, lost to Bradley and was knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez siix months later in 2012. Cheap Vans Shoes China. He didnt fight again for almost a year before beating Brandon Rio in a decisive unanimous decision in November. During that time he ran for re-election -- unopposed -- and he helped his wife run for office, too. "I dont lose my passion or my desire to fight," Pacquiao said. "Its part of boxing. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose." Pacquiao said at 35 years old he has changed his training routine to allow himself more time off, but his workouts are as intense as ever. Still, he said he plans to retire in two or three more years. "I feel in my body I can still fight, by Gods grace," he said. That doesnt leave much time for the match fight fans have longed for: Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather. The two have never been able to come to an agreement and each fighters camp has blamed the other for it not getting done. Pacquiao said he suggested the two fight for charity. "My line (open) is 24/7," he said. "He can contact us to say, Yes, Id love to fight." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz