Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

09.03.2019 06:23
TORONTO -- Liam Hendriks already had a big day on the go before taking the mound for his Blue Jays debut Friday night. [url=http Antworten

TORONTO -- Liam Hendriks already had a big day on the go before taking the mound for his Blue Jays debut Friday night. Cheap Running Shoes Online . The Australian was called up from triple-A Buffalo, enjoyed his six-month anniversary with wife Kristi, and gave his mother Debbie a long-distance present as she celebrated her birthday Down Under. Hendriks capped a day to remember with an impressive 5 2/3-inning performance in Torontos 3-2 win over Oakland at Rogers Centre. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed three hits and one earned run for his first major-league victory since last August. "Its kind of a big deal today for me," he said. Steve Tolleson staked Hendriks to an early lead with a two-run shot -- his first homer of the season -- in the second inning and the Blue Jays scratched out another run in the third. Hendriks allowed a solo homer to Brandon Moss in the fourth inning. He escaped a bases-loaded jam in the fifth and left to a standing ovation in the sixth inning. "That was incredible," he said. "I got tingles all over my body for that. This is such a good crowd up here. Its fantastic. They know their baseball up here." Hendriks, who spent parts of the last three seasons with the Twins, earned the callup with a sparkling 5-0 record and 1.48 earned-run average this season with the Bisons. He hopes to take full advantage of this second chance in the big leagues. "Its a huge thing for me," he said. "I was given opportunities in Minnesota and I didnt capitalize on them. Now Ive got a different mindset coming into the season of just getting ready, getting aggressive and getting after guys early. "I think its paid dividends so far and hopefully I can continue this trend and stay up here all year." Toronto manager John Gibbons was impressed. "I would definitely say hes earned another start," he said. The Blue Jays have won four straight games, nine of their last 11 and improved to 11-11 at home this season. Toronto (27-22) is five games over .500 for the first time in over two years. The Blue Jays also lead the American League East division. The last time they were alone in first place this deep into the season was way back on July 6, 2000. It was Tollesons first home run in a Toronto uniform and first in the majors since he went deep on June 10, 2012 with Philadelphia. "We have a tremendous lineup, I mean Melky (Cabrera), Jose (Bautista), Eddie (Encarnacion), all of these guys have been swinging the bat really well," said Tolleson, who batted seventh. "When the bottom of the order can get on base and they can drive us in or produce some runs ourselves that just helps everybody." Scott Kazmir (5-2) shouldered the loss for American League West-leading Oakland (30-18). He allowed five hits and three earned runs over seven innings. However, it was the southpaws throwing error in the third inning that allowed the eventual winning run to score. With Kevin Pillar aboard after a double, Kazmir threw to second base on a pickoff attempt but no one was covering the bag. Pillar ran to third on the play and scored when Jose Reyes hit a slow grounder to the right side of the infield. "That turned out to be costly," Kazmir said. "I should have held on to it. It ended up being the difference-maker in the game." Jed Lowrie was playing shortstop and Nick Punto was at second base. "(Kazmir) thought that I was going to go to the base and I was just there to hold (Pillar) on just a little bit longer because he was extending his lead," Lowrie said. "I wanted to stay there. He looked back and thought I was going to break and I didnt have any plans to." The Athletics made it a one-run game in the eighth inning and threatened in the ninth. Coco Crisp hit a two-out double off Casey Janssen and stole third but the Toronto closer got Lowrie to ground out for his sixth save in six opportunities. Notes: Toronto knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (4-4) will get the start Saturday afternoon against Jesse Chavez (4-1). ... The Blue Jays will host Tampa Bay and Kansas City during the homestand next week. ... Hendriks allowed three walks and had three strikeouts. ... Moss has 11 homers on the season. ... Bautista, who walked in the third inning, has reached base safely in 48 of 49 games this season. He leads the major leagues with 42 walks. ... Announced attendance was 21,007 and the game took two hours 37 minutes. Cheap Running Shoes Australia . Fans in the Jets viewing region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 5:30pm ct and listeners can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg. Wholesale Running Shoes Australia . - Christophe Lalancette scored a third-period goal and added the shootout winner to lead the Drummondville Voltigeurs to a 5-4 win over the Quebec Remparts in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Sunday. http://www.cheaprunningshoesaustralia.com/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City. WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Ryan Newman and Michael McDowell crashed hard Sunday in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International, causing a stoppage just past the midpoint of the 90-lap race. The violent wreck occurred coming out of a sweeping right turn leading to the backstretch on the 2.45-mile road course. Greg Biffle clipped the rear end of Newmans No. 31, setting off an accident involving at least five cars. "Im really sad to see it," Newman said. "They could spend a few million dollars (on SAFER barriers) and make the drivers happy. The safety is not up to NASCAR standards." Newmans Chevrolet spun hard into the Armco barrier lining the track, ripping a big hole in the barriers metal. The car then spun around twice and went back across the racing surface, collecting McDowell in his No. 95, which incurred heavy damage in the rear. "Wrong place at the wrong time," Newman said. "I tried to time it so I could shoot past." "There was nothing I could do," Biffle said. Newman, McDowell and Alex Bowman were treated in the infield care centre and released. The race was red-flagged on Lap 57. "Im good," said McDowell, who was involved in a spectacular crash at Texas in qualifying in 2008. "Glad to walk away from it. I feel blessed. Im not really sure what happened. I didnt have time to adjust and move. I was along for the ride. This time I closed my eyes. It definitely was a wild one. Its amazing to walk away from an accident like tthat and not have any broken bones. Cheap Running Shoes Wholesale. " Daytona International Speedway, which is owned by International Speedway Corp., the same owner of Watkins Glen, recently installed 2,400 feet of Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barriers on the outside wall of the entire frontstretch. Former Daytona 500 champion Kevin Harvick was outspoken after his February crash at the superspeedway, saying the soft walls should be everywhere, especially at high-speed tracks like Daytona and Talladega. Daytona added the extra SAFER barriers in June, but didnt put any on the inside wall where Harvick took a hard hit during the season-opening Daytona 500. Fellow driver Denny Hamlin broke his back in March 2013 after hitting a wall without any SAFER barriers at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. The speedway has since covered that area with the softer wall. Tracks insist they follow NASCARs safety recommendations. NASCAR says it makes recommendations when it identifies areas that need improvement. The barriers are estimated to cost $500 per foot, which makes installing them everywhere somewhat cost prohibitive. "Theyve had these guard rails for years," Dale Earnhardt Jr. said during the stoppage. "They do the best they can. Were going way faster here than we used to go. When a car comes back on the racetrack, its hard to avoid. I dont know what else they could do. They could put safer walls, SAFER barriers and all that stuff. As far as today, everything held up." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz