Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
panxing18 Offline

Post Master

19.04.2019 03:24
Bryce Harper had $330 million in his budget and an inquiring mind as he Antworten

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — tossed out questions to his 1.5 million Instagram followers on how to spend his cash in Philadelphia.“Philly help me out!” he wrote on a post like a typical tourist.Harper solicited suggestions for best restaurants http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey , things to do, best art and live music — yes, even Pilates places — and local hot spots.The last one was easy: The hottest spot on Thursday in Philly is Harper’s new home at Citizens Bank Park .Philly has been amped for Harper’s arrival since he left the Washington Nationals to sign a $330 million, 13-year contract with the Phillies and the 2015 NL MVP has stirred anticipation in town for opening day not felt in years. The Phillies and their various merchandise partners have assuredly seen the Harper merchandise machine start to stuff the coffers. The latest fashion trend in Philly is the wave of various Harper T-shirts, caps and jerseys worn by everyone from die-hards and kids to casual fans and concession workers.Harper is the 26-year-old New Kid in Town and he’s trying to fit in like any transplant — and he’s hit all the right notes much in the way he hits fastballs.He posted a black-and-white photo from his first workout in Philly , writing, “how I longed to see the Liberty Bell,” and signing it “(hashtag)Phamily.”Harper may fit the exuberant mold of former Phillies stars Pete Rose and Jimmy Rollins more than the understated stardom of Mike Schmidt and Chase Utley. Either way, if he hits, he’ll feel at home in Philly.Harper takes his first swing toward Philly’s first postseason appearance since 2011 in the opener against Julio Teheran and the NL East champion Atlanta Braves. Harper has eight career home runs and reached base 29 times in 51 plate appearances against Teheran.“I’m just very excited to be in front of a new fan base and see what it’s all about,” Harper said this week. “I walked into the clubhouse and it was open arms from everybody. You never know what you’re going to get. I’ve only played in one clubhouse, I’ve only played on one team. It’s a little nervous as well, walking in there. But from Day 1, it felt right.”Harper was the centerpiece of a significant offseason for the Phillies. Phillies manager Gabe Kapler, starting his second season Bo Jackson Jersey , may as well have handed the lineup card to Oprah Winfrey: You get an All-Star! And you get an All-Star! And you get an All-Star! The opening day lineup is impressive: Andrew McCutchen, Jean Segura, Harper, J.T. Realmuto, Odubel Herrera and starter Aaron Nola (17-6, 2.37 ERA) have all made All-Star teams.After six straight losing seasons, the Phillies (80-82) already were expecting to contend for a postseason berth before adding Harper. Now, they should be a serious challenger for a pennant. They led their division with the second-best record in the NL one week into August before they collapsed and lost 33 of the final 49 games.Teheran (9-9, 3.94 ERA) once drilled Harper with a fastball to the leg in a 2013 game that saw both the Nationals and Braves benches clear. Harper had homered off Teheran earlier in the game and used a 23.66-second trot that riled up the Braves ace and had him looking for retribution.Teheran will make his sixth straight opening day start for the Braves, who lost to Dodgers in Division Series. NL Rookie of the Year Ronald Acuna Jr. (.293, 26, 64, 16 SBs) gives Atlanta (90-72) an exciting new face of the franchise, joining Freddie Freeman, who remains in his prime after placing fourth in NL MVP voting last season.Harper may get all the hype.But he’ll have to wrest the East crown out of Atlanta.“The East is crazy Luis Aparicio Jersey ,” Freeman said. “It’s going to be a fight to the end. A lot of people are talking about everybody else and they forget we won 90 games and got better.”So did the Phillies, and Harper is ready to prove he can become the MVP candidate in Philly the franchise expected when it signed him to the massive deal.And it all starts with that first at-bat on opening day.“When I step into a batter’s box, 45,000 people going crazy, I would love to put a heart-rate monitor on and see what it looks like,” he said. “I enjoy those moments. I enjoy the craziness.” MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Jerry Blevins didn’t know many of his new Oakland Athletics teammates yet the left-handed reliever said he has felt right at home returning to the team with which he broke into the big leagues back in 2007.The 35-year-old Blevins rejoined Oakland when he signed a minor league contract earlier this month. The A’s have a talented bullpen but right now Ryan Buchter is the only left-handed option currently on the 40-man roster.“I’ve always had a soft spot for Blev,” Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. “He was a guy I had to send up and down for a while, which is difficult to do, and he’s made a nice career for himself. He has a really good understanding of what he needs to do and is impactful in the clubhouse, too. He’s a smart guy and gets it. It’s nice to have as many of those guys in your clubhouse as you can have.”Blevins has pitched the last four seasons with the Mets but he’s kept an eye on his former team.“It’s like your first love kind of thing,” Blevins said. “You always keep an eye on them, check up on them on Facebook, that kind of thing.”He celebrated his return by posting a handwritten note to Oakland fans on Twitter: “Oakland! Back to where my big league career began. It’s difficult to describe how it feels to return. I’m coming home. That’s it. To the familiar faces by the bullpen and tunnel, right field and left field http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey , I’ll see you soon. I can’t wait to start Chapter 2 of my A’s story. Let’s make it a World Series story.”Blevins compiled a 13-6 record with a 3.30 ERA from 2007 to 2013 with the Athletics. But he’s coming off a rough season with the Mets in which he had a 4.85 ERA over 42 2/3 innings in 64 games.“Up and down, inconsistent,” Blevins said when asked to describe last year. “I never had a clear role. I started slow, got hot, got cold, didn’t get traded. Just inconsistent and that’s out of character for me. I just want to get back to knowing what you get when you put me on the mound. That’s been my entire goal this offseason. I feel great.”Oakland’s bullpen, which compiled a 3.35 ERA, second-lowest in the league last season, was one of the reasons the team won 97 games and secured an American League Wild Card spot.“This is a great team and you’ve got a lot of young talent, some good leadership,” Blevins said. “I’m just trying to fit in and do my part. I don’t want to try to lead. I’m just going to fit in. That’s been the gist of what I want to do. I just want to be a left-handed pitcher and contribute as much as I can to a great team moving forward already.”

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz