Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 136 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
panxing18 Offline

Post Master

11.06.2019 08:01
Can the new signee stick as a backup for the pu Antworten

rple?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsMinnesota Vikings 2019 OffseasonDakota Dozier:Backup LG?New Matt Wile Jersey ,162commentsCan the new signee stick as a backup for the purple?CDTShareTweetShareShareDakota Dozier:Backup LG?Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThe Vikings recently signed G Dakota Dozier, formerly a backup OL with the Jets and a 4th round draft pick of theirs back in 2014. Current Vikings offensive line coach Rick Dennison served in that capacity last year for the Jets, and presumably that connection had something to do with Dozier’s signing with the Vikings.Dozier has been a career backup, filling in for injured players at most RG and LG for the Jets over the past three seasons.He’s had the equivalent of about a half-season of starting experience altogether over that span.His PFF grades have been declining each of the last three years with the Jets, but it’s hard to put too much stock in his grades because he only played a few games a year. The Jets, being the Jets, had a new offensive scheme and coordinator every season, so I’m sure that didn’t help Dozier’s development.Anyway, I put together a game film of Dozier playing left guard last year against the Titans week 13 - his only start last season.It’s nothing terribly remarkable Rashod Hill Jersey , but there are a few things that stand out, more negative than positive:He seemed tentative at times, especially early in the game (his first gig last season)He’s definitely a liability blocking in space and the second level - many whiffsNot particularly athletic, and can get beat by more athletic defensive linemenTechnique overall not particularly strikingHas a proclivity to hold on occasion late in the play - nothing too flagrant however.Not real good as a pulling guardOn the positive side:He did reasonably well in pass protection - only one hurry credited to him.But didn’t have a lot of one-on-ones in pass protection either.He does better in close quarters against the DL, where he can leverage his strengthHe may be better as a strictly zone blocker.Overall he looks more like a backup than a starter at left guard, but perhaps in a Kubiak zone scheme he may do better as a run blocker, and can hold his own against less athletic defensive linemen in pass protection, although he may struggle against quicker, more agile ones.Presumably Rick Dennison saw some things he liked in Dozier Tom Compton Jersey , and perhaps thought he’d do better in Kubiak’s scheme, so the Vikings signed him on a low-level deal.We’ll see how it pans out, but I wouldn’t expect Dozier to be a starter come September.Tuesday Open Thread: September 25, 2018 Happy Tuesday, everyone!I hope you’ve all found a way to neutralize the stench of Sunday’s “performance” somehow. It’s not a smell that will ever fully go away, but you’ll be amazed at how well a couple of wins cover the odor. The short week might be a good thing, even though it’s likely the toughest regular season game the Vikings will play this year. The Rams are no joke.Around the DN since our last open thread: Are you a fan in need of expert advice? Well, there is a new segment that will soon be appearing on your favorite Vikings website. A place where you can get the advice, no guarantees from the DN.....or from the author Dan Bailey Jersey , that the advice will be officially classified as “expert” advice, but who cares about that, anyway?Luft Krigare presents the latest episode of Good Morning Gjallarhorn - In The Raw - The Massacre.Eric points out five game-changing plays from Sunday’s crapfest. I think the biggest play was the one that happened prior to the game when the entire team decided not to show up.Chris shared some news regarding Everson Griffen, which sheds some light on his absence from Sunday’s game. There is a lot of unknowns, and even more speculation, so we’ll have to keep the BS filters set to their highest settings.Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:I’m still not in any mood to read about football, so I’ll share some links & let you do the looking again today. Here’s a link to the media vault at Vikings.com, they’ll have lots of press conferences & they usually have game highlights, but I’m not sure the Vikings created any highlights on Sunday.From ESPN Brett Jones Jersey , catch the score from last night’s Steelers-Bucs game and the rest of the week 3 action.Here is the NFL.com news page, they’ll talk about football-y stuff there.We come to today’s media selection:This is the song I would sing to the sport of football right now, if the sport of football could hear and understand what I was singing......... and if I could sing.Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:No discussion of politics or religionNo feeding of the trollsThis isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the doorKeep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tagsNo pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employerIf you can’t disagree in a civil manner Ameer Abdullah Jersey , feel free to go awayWhile navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz