Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 93 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
panxing18 Offline

Post Master

29.07.2019 04:18
Orlando Arcia made sure th Antworten

PITTSBURGH (AP) — e Milwaukee Brewers went home with a win after a long day.Arcia hit his second homer of the game Corey Kluber Jersey , a two-run drive in the 13th inning that sent the Brewers over the Pittsburgh Pirates 12-10 on Saturday night.“You don’t want to play that long and not get a win,” said Arcia, who also hit a two-run homer in the second to notch his first multi-HR game in the majors.Article continues below ...Arcia’s go-ahead drive came off Alex McRae (0-1), who had pitched two scoreless innings before his one mistake cost Pittsburgh.“He gave us his heart,” Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. “He gave us his soul. He gave us everything he had.”Adrian Houser (1-1) pitched two scoreless innings to help the Brewers win a gae that featured 21 total hits and lasted more than five hours.Milwaukee tied it in the ninth on Keston Hiura’s two-run homer with one out off Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez, who had been perfect in 14 save chances this season.“Everyone knows he throws hard,” Hiura said. “He throws with the best of them. … When somebody throws that hard, if you put the barrel on it, it ends to come off pretty hard as well.”The 22 year-old connected on a 98-mph fastball and crushed it over the left field wall.“As soon as I lifted up my leg, I knew something was going to be wrong because he hit it yesterday,” Vazquez said. “He hit that one. For me to go back at him, he was waiting on it. … It was just that pitch. It was supposed to be inside and ended up in the middle.”Starling Marte had four hits for Pittsburgh, including a three-run homer off Josh Hader in the eighth for a 10-8 lead. It was Hader’s first blown save in 14 chances this season.Christian Yelich ended a 1-for-14 slump over his last six games in a big way. He hit his major league-leading 22nd homer, tripled and drove in four runs for Milwaukee.Mike Moustakas hit his third home run in three games for the Brewers when his 16th of the year — a solo shot to right — plunged into the Allegheny River in the third inning. Moustakas left in the ninth inning after suffering a right-hand bruise from being hit by a pitch. Brewers manager Craig Counsell confirmed x-rays were negative.Pinch-hitter José Osuna homered for the Pirates while Elias Dîaz got three hits and drove in four runs.Milwaukee starting pitcher Brandon Woodruff was charged with six runs over four innings, allowing a season-high 10 hits with two walks and five strikeouts.KINGHAM STRUGGLES AGAINMilwaukee’s lineup capitalized on struggling Nick Kingham, who lasted just three innings and gave up five runs and six hits, including two home runs. The Brewers scored twice in the first, twice in the second — on Arcia’s two-run homer — and once in the third on Moustakas’ solo shot.“They hit the mistakes,” Kingham said. “I feel like I got ahead early and dictated the way the counts went. They hit my mistakes. Moustakas hit a breaking ball right down the middle. That first pitch by Arcia I was trying to get ahead in the count, and there were a couple of other things that didn’t go my way.”Kingham worked out of the bullpen to begin the season but was called into a starting role due to Pittsburgh’s depleted rotation. He has now failed to make it past the fourth inning in each of his four starts. The Pirates dropped to 1-3 in those games.TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: LHP Gio Gonzalez (2-1, 3.19) was placed on the 10-day injured list with what manager Craig Counsell labeled “a dead arm.” Gonzalez was scheduled to pitch the series finale on Sunday. In a corresponding move, C Manny Piña was activated from the IL.Pirates: Tom Tomczyk, Pittsburgh’s director of sports medicine, elaborated on the nature of RHP Keone Kela’s right shoulder discomfort that will shut him down for 10 days. “It’s general wear and tear from a thrower’s shoulder,” Tomczyk said before the game. “There are changes within the structures that are causing him tightness, causing him discomfort that he just doesn’t feel as if he can let it go and be Keone right now.”UP NEXTBrewers: RHP Zach Davies (5-0, 2.19) will start on Sunday in place of Gonzalez. Milwaukee is 7-4 in 11 games Davies has pitched this season.Pirates: RHP Jordan Lyles (5-2, 3.09) will make his 11th start of the season Sunday despite exiting his last outing after four innings with left hamstring discomfort. Lyles will face his former team having won four of his last five decisions. You don’t have to be a madman to type this stuff, but you do to publish it. Draw your own conclusions."I put on a hat the other day.(I should just end this right there, it’s the greatest opening sentence I’ve ever typed.)This hat said, in generic font, “TWINS” on the front. It’s not an official Twins cap. It’s a promo cap I got once by pre-ordering MLB: The Show.To my horror, it said on one side, “MLB 06: The Show.”2006! Have I really been playing a video game for 13 years? A children’s toy, simulating a children’s game? Why didn’t I learn a language or something?Oh, well, when disappointed with your flaws, might as well continue them! So I bought MLB 19. It is awesome? It’s always awesome, duh. Bryce Harper is on the cover. Because when they put Joe Mauer on the cover, not only did games fly off the shelves in Minnesota Ricky Vaughn Jersey , so did PlayStations. Sony owns PlayStation, and they own the company which makes “The Show,” so I assume they’re selling well in eastern Pennsylvania.I can look back over the years of playing baseball video games, and it’s like a little history of my life’s various decisions. Hey, don’t knock me for this. Start of the season brings back memories. Baseball just does this to ya, it’s the history sport. Basketball and NFL football have equally fascinating histories, but for some reason, their fans generally aren’t into that stuff. In baseball, they are.So it’s perfectly normal to travel down Memory Lane when the new season starts, right? Riiiiight. (You keep telling yourself that, James. Any normal person would say “your Memory Lane is a bad street full of potholes and broken glass shards.”)Triple Play Baseballl, PS1, 2000: Bought this in Santa Barbara. I was living in Santa Barbara because my oldest friend invited me to live there, we’d be buddies. Then my friend got cooler friends in LA and left a month later. (There’s a reason Steve Goodman wrote a song called “California Promises.”) So I’m stuck in this horrible rent-a-room in Santa Barbara with no friends and a landlord who calls me a loser.Later on, this loser would be up at 2AM enjoying Triple Play when he smelled smoke. The house was on fire. The landlord’s drug-dealing 40-ish son had stiffed a guy, who rolled up some carpet remnants, doused ‘em with gas, put ‘em by the front door, and lit a match.I yelled and yelled until everybody in the house was going “oh, shit! FIRE!” Then I fled out the backdoor. I ain’t going anywhere near no flames, that’s beyond my pay grade.When I moved out, the landlord took me aside. “I just want you to remember, for the rest of your days, that you saved our lives that night. That means something.”All I could think was, great. That’s what I’ll gasp out on my deathbed. “I could have been a better husband, a better lover, a better friend, better brother, better man overall. I failed at all my dreams and caused emotional harm to others. But, you know, I saved some asshole landlords once, so it was all worth it. (aaaaaargh burp, the end).”I thought it, didn’t say it. Too polite, I guess. So it was time to move to Minnesota.High Heat Baseball, PS2, 2002: I really wanted this game, and I really wanted a PS2. But it was hard to reach a Best Buy via bus from my Saint Paul apartment. It was, however, pretty easy to reach a Best Buy near where I worked. If I could just borrow the company van for a bit Michael Brantley Jersey , 20 minutes or so, consider it a lunch break... (we were not supposed to take lunch breaks).My boss found out, and was kinda upset. We went out for drinks some time after, where I admitted I was wrong borrowing the van. The issue was patched up.We went out for drinks again, eventually, after that. Then another time. Then I ended up having sex with my boss.Kids, let me share some words of wisdom:#1: If food in the fridge smells funky, do not eat it. #2: NEVER HAVE SEX WITH YOUR BOSS NOT EVER IT DOESN’T END WELL“High Heat” was the first baseball game I owned which let you adjust player attributes, though, so that was cool.Reason to buy PS3, 2014: So I was dating a different person in a different apartment in Saint Paul (one that ex-boss helped me find, BTW), trying to sleep, and there was this annoying sound of water dripping. Check the kitchen faucet. No, that’s not it. Check the bathroom faucet. Nope. Must be imagining it. Back to sleep.Then the drip turned into a steady trickle.I turned on the bathroom light this time. Paint on the shower ceiling had schlumped downwards like an inverse Metrodome, and at the bottom there was water trickling out.I called the absentee landlord’s office; closed. I looked up his home number on the InterWebz. “How’d you find this number?” “Never mind, my bathroom ceiling’s leaking.” “I’ll have maintenance look at it tomorrow, don’t call me at home, ever.”The trickle became a steady stream, and then the roof collapsed. Just boom, all at once, wood and plaster and water everywhere. I called the landlord again. “It’s got to be a problem with the upstairs apartment, go figure it out!”I went upstairs. The guy upstairs was stoned out of his mind, playing Madden on his PS3. His toilet was clogged from too much TP. So, when the need arose, he would pee in it, flush it again. His bathroom was an inch deep in ook water. I ran downstairs, grabbed my plunger, went up, unclogged his toilet. Lo and behold, problem solved.(Wisdom To Youth #3: have a plunger.)Me and my girlfriend did our best to mop up the pee-poo water in my apartment with all my old clothes she hated anyway. “And now we’re putting these in garbage bags and throwing them away,” she said. She was right. (Usually is.)I envied the cool graphics I saw on that idiot upstairs guy’s PS3. So I bought one.The Show, 2016: That previous landlord (a skinflint, but you could reason with him), had retired. His son took over. And his son was so much worse. Just an utter slimeball. He’d hang out in the lobby at the beginning of every month, hitting on young college-student women who were moving in. “Hi, I own this place. Would you like to see my expensive car? It’s parked right outside.” Slicked-back hair, the whole bit. One of those people who give off “creep” from 20 yards away.He absolutely refused to ever fix the elevator. Which broke constantly, the building was 100 years old. There were several older, mobility-challenged people in that building. Stairs are hard with a walker. Landlord didn’t care.One time I’m leaving for work http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , and four paramedics are frantically pushing the elevator button. “You’re gonna have to take the stairs,” I told them. “That thing never works. Hasn’t for years.” They started cursing and carrying a stretcher upstairs. I don’t know what happened to the person they were trying to help.That got the Fire Marshall on my landlord’s ass, and a new elevator was bought. Every unit got new smoke alarms, too. Unfortunately, they were all synced. One person overcooks some pizza, the whole building goes off with an unholy shrieking sound.The first time this happened with my girlfriend there, she was horrified. “How often does this happen? “Once a day, or so.” “We have got to revisit that moving into my place discussion.” “I know, I know.”Well, one day, I’m playing The Show, and that damn alarm goes off. No big. Ignore it.Until I smell the Building On Fire Smell. Once you’ve smelled it, you can’t un-smell it. Sure enough, the building was burning. And seconds later, the firepeople bang on my door. At first, they say “keep the door open!” (Because I had this little 12-inch window fan, that could presumably blow out smoke.) Then, after yelling amongst themselves, they’re like, “move, move, move!” The hallway was pitch black. I don’t think my window fan would have cut it.The landlord, true to form, was a total dick about fire repair. We’d just get notices like “you have 24 hours to move all your belongings from the walls so that painters can come in, or you will be evicted.” This happened twice. Babani’s, a Saint Paul restaurant that’s kind of an institution, moved out to avoid that jerkmonster. It was time to revisit that “move into my place” conversation.The Show, PS4, 2019: So I’ve been married and co-habitating for 2+ years now, and I haven’t made any money during the entire time. It’s bad, I’m not holding up my end of the bargain. But I have savings I can milk for about another year.In such a situation, is it right to buy a video game and new system to play it? Probably not.What the heck, though. If “quit while you’re ahead” is good advice, than “keep going when you’re behind” must be, too, right? Let’s end with that.And I put on a hat the other day.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz