Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

21.09.2019 09:21
in the seventh, when Detroit put men on first and third with two out. Keuchel struck out pinch-hitter Torii Hunter to end the i Antworten

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. Cheap Air Max 97 All Black China . -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Michael Thomas came through, intercepting Bradys fourth-down pass in the end zone with 2 seconds left Sunday to seal a seesaw 24-20 victory over the New England Patriots. Thomas celebrated by flopping to his back and was swarmed by his new teammates. "I didnt know what his first name was," defensive tackle Jared Odrick said. "Thats being thrown in the fire and reacting. Thats a pure athlete." The Dolphins (8-6) won their third game in a row to help their AFC wild-card chances. They also snapped a streak of seven consecutive losses to the Patriots (10-4), who missed a chance to clinch their fifth consecutive AFC East title. Miamis breakthrough win left even stoic second-year coach Joe Philbin in a mood to celebrate. "I might jump in my pool," he said. "Ive been in it once since Ive been here." Brady threw for 364 yards, but was frustrated by a succession of squandered scoring chances. He answered only two questions at his postgame news conference before cutting the session short. "We didnt do a good job in the red area, and didnt do a good job finishing drives," he said. "We came up on the short end of the stick. It wasnt a good day. Just couldnt make enough plays." The Patriots had mounted second-half rallies to win their past three games, and were on the verge of doing it again when Brady led them from their own 20 with 1:15 remaining to the Miami 14. "The longest 75 seconds of my life," said Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who squirmed on the sideline. With New England out of timeouts, Brady threw for the end zone four times in a row. The first three passes went incomplete, including one intended for Danny Amendola that Thomas broke up on first down. Then, Thomas stepped in front of Austin Collie to make his interception. "I knew being the new guy that Tom Brady would come after me," Thomas said. "Hes a great quarterback, and hes going to exploit any weaknesses. I knew if I got in there I would have a chance. I saw the ball in the air and I made a play." Thomas was part of an injury-depleted secondary that also included backups at both cornerback spots on the final drive. A large supporting cast has played a significant role in the recent success of the Dolphins, who are 5-2 since tackle Jonathan Martin left the team in a bullying scandal that drew national notoriety. "Weve grown a lot," Tannehill said. "Each of us has gotten stronger through the adversity weve faced off the field and on the field." Tannehill shook off four sacks to throw for 312 yards and three touchdowns, including a 14-yarder to Marcus Thigpen with 1:15 left that provided the winning margin. His other scoring passes covered 39 yards to Mike Wallace and 2 yards to Daniel Thomas. Brady went 34 for 55 and threw two scores. Julian Edelman made 13 catches for 139 yards, and Amendola added 10 receptions for 131 yards. New England took a 20-17 lead when Edelman scored on a 24-yard reception with four minutes left, but the Dolphins caught a break when the ensuing kickoff by Stephen Gostkowski went out of bounds, allowing them to start at their 40. Charles Clay kept the driving going when he turned a short pass into a 6-yard gain on fourth and 5 at midfield, and Thigpen scored five plays later. New England, accustomed to slow starts, took a 10-0 lead on Michael Hoomanawanuis one-handed, 13-yard touchdown reception. But on other trips to the red zone they missed tight end Rob Gronkowski, who suffered a season-ending knee injury a week ago. The Patriots mounted drives of 16 and 15 plays but settled for a field goal each time, and Gostkowski misfired on a field-goal try for only the third time this year when he sailed a 48-yard attempt wide left. "Today just wasnt my day," Gostkowski said. "It stinks to play terrible and your team loses. Its like salt on the wound." Special teams were only part of the Pats problem, coach Bill Belichick said. "We were short in every area," he said. "Nothing was really good enough." Notes: Patriots T Nate Solder aggravated a head injury in the second half and sat out rest of game. ... Dolphins DT Paul Soliai sat out the last three quarters with an ankle injury. CB Nolan Carroll (knee) was limited in the second half, and CB Brent Grimes (cramps) went to the sideline in the fourth quarter. ... The Dolphins botched a field-goal try when John Denney snapped the ball before holder Brandon Fields was ready, and the ball hit Fields in the face mask. ... Miamis seven home games have been decided by a total of 23 points. Cheap Air Max 97 Yellow China . Manager Alex Ferguson says the injury was sustained while the player tried to hit a volley toward the end of training on Tuesday. Cheap Air Max 97 Gold China . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. http://www.cheapairmax97fromchina.com/cheap-air-max-97-all-gold-china/ . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign.DETROIT - Dallas Keuchel won this matchup of old college roommates — then admitted he hadnt paid much attention to his friend-turned-adversary on the mound. Keuchel outpitched Drew Smyly, and the Houston Astros beat Detroit 6-2 on Thursday to snap the Tigers eight-game winning streak. Keuchel and Smyly both pitched for the Arkansas team that reached the College World Series in 2009, but on this day, Keuchel had more important concerns than watching his fellow left-hander throw. "I honestly didnt see a single pitch from him," Keuchel said. "I was in the tunnel. It was kind of hot today for Detroit right now, and I was just trying to stay cool as much as possible." Keuchel (3-2) allowed two runs and six hits in 7 2-3 innings, and Houston ended its five-game losing streak. The Astros broke through with three runs in the fifth off Smyly (2-2) to take the lead. Houstons George Springer, a first-round draft pick in 2011, hit his first major league homer. Carlos Corporan and Matt Dominguez also went deep for the Astros. Victor Martinez homered for the Tigers. Smyly allowed only one hit — an infield single — through the first four innings, but his outing took a turn for the worse in the fifth when Springer lined a one-out solo homer over the wall in right. "Its obviously good to hit something hard and to have a great result like that," said Springer, who planned to give the home run ball to his father. "I didnt try to do too much — was able to stay on it and hit it hard, and for me thats a great sign." Jose Altuve put the Astros ahead 3-2 with a two-run double later that inning. Smyly allowed three runs and five hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out two and walked three. Corporan homered off reliever Evan Reed in the seventh to make it 4-2. Keuchel struck out seven without a walk, navigating a tough Detroit lineup wiithout too much difficulty. Air Max 97 Cheap Mens. "I wont be talking to him for a while," Smyly joked. "I thought hed do OK, but hes a lefty and with our offence, I thought wed get to him. Hes a very smart pitcher and hes a bulldog, and we couldnt do anything with him. Thats as good as Ive seen him, and you have to tip your hat." Keuchels final big test came in the seventh, when Detroit put men on first and third with two out. Keuchel struck out pinch-hitter Torii Hunter to end the inning. The temperature at game time was 77 degrees, and Keuchel said his decision to ignore Smylys pitching was nothing personal. "On the more humid days, Ill try to go in and keep cool in between innings, so I dont usually watch the other pitcher," he said. "In this case, it was my college roommate, so Im sure hell be mad I didnt see a few pitches." Miguel Cabrera came to the plate in the eighth after Ian Kinslers single chased Keuchel, but the best the Detroit slugger could do against reliever Anthony Bass was a soft grounder to second. Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the ninth. The Tigers opened the scoring in the second on an RBI double by Nick Castellanos. Springer, who came close to preventing a homer by Cabrera the previous night, nearly caught this drive too, but it caromed off the wall in right field. Martinez hit his seventh homer of the year in the fourth. He finished the day with three hits, extending his hitting streak to 11. NOTES: Houston OF L.J. Hoes, who entered the game in an 0-for-20 slump, had three singles and scored a run. ... The Astros play at Baltimore on Friday night, with RHP Scott Feldman (2-1) scheduled to return after missing time with right biceps tendinitis. Baltimore starts LHP Wei-Yin Chen (3-2). ... Detroit hosts Minnesota, with RHP Justin Verlander (4-1) on the mound against Twins RHP Phil Hughes (3-1). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz