Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 News & Termine
jokergreen0220 Offline

Master

15.03.2019 07:53
MONTREAL -- When Jim Furyks charge to a third RBC Canadian Open title stalled in the final round, Tim Clark decided to go for it Antworten

MONTREAL -- When Jim Furyks charge to a third RBC Canadian Open title stalled in the final round, Tim Clark decided to go for it. Air Jordan 5 Cheap Sale . The 38-year-old South African, whose wife is Canadian, fired five birdies on the back nine to overtake Furyk on the 15th hole and hold on to win the US$5.7 million tournament at Royal Montreal on Sunday. Recovering from a first-hole bogey that put him four shots off the lead, Clark shot a five-under-par 65 to finish at 17-under-par 263 and claim his second career PGA Tour victory and the $1,026-million winners prize. "It looked like Jim wasnt going to make any mistakes," said Clark, who had moved into contention with a 64 on Saturday. "He was pretty solid, so I knew I had to make birdies. "At that point, there was nothing to lose. Suddenly I got hot and I went with it." It was another frustrating defeat for Furyk, who has now lost seven tournaments in a row in which he led after 54 holes. He went into the final round with a three-stroke cushion but never found traction. He shot 69 to come second at 16-under 264. "I kind of controlled my own destiny," said Furyk. "Ive got to shoot three or four (under par) and it would have been impossible to catch me, or darn near it. "I left the door open with even par on the front nine and Tim took advantage and shot 30 on the back." Furyk has not won since a victory at the 2010 Players Championship that gave him the FedEx Cup title and PGA player of the year honours. He fell short in a bid to join elite company in Tommy Armour, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino by becoming the fourth player to win the Canadian Open three times after his victories in 2006 and 2007. Instead, it went to the stocky Clark, the long putter user who needed a win after battling elbow trouble in recent years. The win moved him from 85th to 27th in FedEX Cup standings and gave him entry into next weeks World Golf Championship event in Akron, Ohio and into the PGA championship. He also gets fully exempt status on the PGA Tour through the 2015-16 season. While Graham DeLaets bid to became the first Canadian to win his national open in 60 years fell short, the trophy went to a player with connections, and a history, in Canada. Clarks wife Candice is from Toronto and has family in Montreal. He won his first professional tournament at the New Brunswick Open on the Canadian Tour in 1998 and followed a week later with a win at the CPGA Championship. "The irony of it is Canada could be the location of my first win and my last one," he said. "To come back here, its full circle. "That was 16 years ago when I was just cutting my teeth as a professional golfer and I was fortunate enough to be given some starts up here, so I have fond memories. "Its certainly one Ive wanted to win for a long time. Any national championship to me is special. particularly to the people from that country. Its an honour for me to be the open champion." Delaet was in contention after he and Furyk tied the course record with 63s in the second round on Friday, but he went 70-68 in the last two rounds to finished at 10-under 270. He took the low Canadian honour by one stroke over Brad Fritsch of Ottawa, who closed with a 64 to end up at 9-under, tied for ninth with Kevin Kisner and Graeme McDowell. "I fell a little short, but it was fun," said DeLaet, Canadas top-ranked player. "So many people were cheering for me. "Now I know how Tiger and Phil and those guys feel all the time because it was pretty neat. Coming down 18 was a special moment. Justin Hicks shot 64 to leap into third place alone at 13-under 267 in his best performance of the season. Matt Kuchar (65), Michael Putnam (66) and Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (66) finished tied for fourth at 11-under 269. Organizers moved up the starting times by two hours and had the players go out in threesomes from both the first and 10th tees to try to fit in the final round between forecast rainstorms. It almost worked to perfection. Most of the field had finished their rounds when a cloudburst halted play for 26 minutes with the final group -- including Furyk, Clark and Kyle Stanley -- had only four holes left to play. Clark and Furyk were tied at 15-under when the rain came. When play resumed, Clark birdied to take the lead. Both players birdied the 17th to set up a dramatic final hole. Clark left a 44-foot putt about six feet short, but Furyk missed left on a 12-footer and Clark sealed the win by holing a six-foot putt. "Once he missed his putt, I didnt want to have to go into a playoff, knowing he can take it over the water (off the 18th tee) and I have to play over to the right, said Clark. "So it was huge for me to get it finished right there. "I got hot with the putter on the back nine. To stand over that putt and still feel confident was really nice." DeLaet, from Weyburn, Sask., tied for seventh with Dicky Pride, who matched the course record with a bogey-free 63. Pride had the course record at 64 the last time the event was held at Royal Montreal in 2001 only to see Scott Verplank and David Morland go one shot better the next day. "I had to get my course record back," said Pride, who birdied the 17th and 18th for the record. "So to tie them and go back and get it, Im pretty happy about that. "And I was thinking about it on 18 too, which is an idiotic thing to do, but I made the putt anyway." Fritsch had a 10-foot putt on the 18th in a bid for a share of the record, but missed by perhaps a centimetre. But the 36-year-old in the Ottawa Senators golf shirt used his 64 to finish the event at 9-under. His bogey free round included three birdies and an eagle on the back nine. Fritsch just made the cut on Friday with a birdie on the 18th. "We made the most of the weekend," said Fritsch. "We felt like we were playing with house money this weekend just because we felt lucky to even be playing." "I played great today. On the back nine, I made a bunch of putts and made some good shots coming down the stretch. Taylor Pendrith of Richmond Hill, Ont., capped a strong first Canadian Open experience with a 69 to finish as the low amateur at 3-under. David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., and Adam Hadwin of Abbotsford, B.C. both shot 71s and finished at 2-under. Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont. had 71 to finish at 2-over par. Clark tied the tournament low total score of 263 with Johnny Palmer (1952) and Scott Piercy (2012). Discount Air Jordan 5 . - Frankie (The Answer) Edgar dominated B. Jordan 5 For Sale Cheap Real .The league also seems to have a fairly active Twitter account www.twitter.com/bikinihockey that features the description “We provide a positive alternative to the hockey community and a venue for adult female hockey athletes to continue in their sport. http://www.cheapairjordan5.net/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. DALLAS -- Henrik Lundqvist was in such a zone, it was impressive enough that the Dallas Stars got two pucks past the New York Rangers goalie. However, that left them one short. Lundqvist made a season-high 41 saves -- including a career-best 23 in the first period -- to carry the Rangers to a 3-2 win over the Stars on Thursday night. He also assisted on Rick Nashs first-period goal that put New York in front 1-0. Lundqvist turned aside every Stars shot in the first and stopped 35 of 36 through 40 minutes to keep the Rangers in a 1-1 tie. "The way the game was played, I had to be aggressive," Lundqvist said. "Especially in the first, it felt like the puck was all over the place, and they were putting a lot of shots on net and rebounds. "It felt good to get a period like that, to really work hard." Chris Kreider and John Moore scored 37 seconds apart in the first 1:55 of the third period to give New York a 3-1 lead. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault appreciated the effort of his star goalie, especially his contribution to the offence. "Henrik made an unreal pass so that we had that quick breakout, that quick strike (by Nash)," Vigneault said. "After that, Henrik put on a display in the first period." The third-period goals took some pressure off of Lundqvist, who entered the game with a 7-9 record despite a 2.38 goals-against average. "We came out in the third, and just made up our mind we need this game," Lundqvist said. "That was a great feeling, to see we scored two quick ones there." Alex Chiasson brought Dallas back within a goal by scoring at 8:27 of the third. It just wasnt enough. "We cant be happy with the way (the first period) came out because it was 1-0," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "You have to give Lundqvist a lot of credit. "The one goal they scored came on a power play when we were dumping it up ice, and we get caught on a breakaway. You cant do that." Just 12 seconds after Chiassons goal, Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen stopped Nash on a penalty shot. Nash had scored New Yorks first goal at 6:27 of the first period. It was his first goal this season, in his second game back after missing 17 games because of a concussion. "I was hoping he thought I was going to do the same move that I scored on, and then bring it right back and tuck it in," Nash said. "He played it well." Lehtonen knew that Nash has several tricks in his scoring arsenal. "I needed to make that save against Nash to keep it a one-goal game," Lehtonen said. "He has three or four different moves. Jordan 5 Cheap Real. He scored the first one on a breakaway when I thought he was going to do something else. "On the second one, I just had to be patient. My long legs helped me there. I was able to reach out and get that one." Dallas best chance to tie the game came with 3 minutes remaining. Jamie Benns shot from in front hit Lundqvist, who wrapped himself around the puck to prevent a rebound. "The biggest save of the night was Lundqvists on Benns play." Ruff said. When Dallas tied it 1-1 on Stephane Robidas goal at 8:46 of the second period, it was the Stars first power play goal in eight home games this season. They had been unsuccessful in their first 26 opportunities. The Rangers, who started a five-game road trip, had scored only two goals -- both on the power play -- in their three previous games when they went 1-2. Nashs go-ahead goal came on New Yorks first power play of the night. He skated in, put the puck on his forehand and pushed it in the net to the right of Lehtonen. "When youre struggling at scoring, youve got to look to your special teams for a boost, and tonight we got it," Nash said. Dallas had two first-period power plays, but failed to score even though they put six shots on Lundqvist. The Stars broke through with Robidas third goal. He took a cross-ice pass from Sergei Gonchar at the left point and blasted a slap shot that deflected off a defender and past Lundqvist. New York had an apparent goal disallowed about 5 minutes later. From a scramble in front, the puck went into the upper right corner of the net. On review, it was determined that Rangers centre Derek Brassard had batted the puck across the goal line. During the period, Lundqvist exceeded his previous season high of 31 saves. The Rangers came out quickly in the third and recorded the first four shots. On the third drive, Kreider broke the tie. Their next shot was the goal by Moore. Lundqvist then did the rest to protect the lead, "You can talk about him every single night, Nash said. "He was the best player on the ice and he was the difference." NOTES: Dallas went 1 for 5 on the power play. In their last 10 games overall, they are 3 for 35. ... Nash is one of three current players, with the Islanders Thomas Vanek and the Capitals Alex Ovechkin, who entered the season with eight consecutive 20-goal seasons. ... Lundqvists career high for saves is 50, in an overtime game on March 4, 2010, against Pittsburgh. He stopped 48 of 49 shots in regulation on April 6 at Carolina. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz